- Work within high-performing Government Department
- Contract until 30/06/2022| View to Extend | Start ASAP
- $78 p/h plus Super| Location Paramatta/WFM
About the role and organisation
Our major client is looking for Procurement Officer.
You will support and advise the Manager, Category Management Service Delivery and CSI Procurement Manager in the nominated area.
What is the position responsible for?
The Procurement Officer is responsible for providing procurement advice in the Category Management, Service Delivery and CSI team.
Your responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Manage and deliver procurement projects on time and on target as required for the Department to maintain and extend its procurement accreditation.
- Provide sound advice and support to the Procurement team and Business Owners across the Department on individual procurement projects and provide category management.
- Deliver value for money for the Department while supporting social and environmental procurement objectives.
- Conduct engagement, planning and analysis that support business needs and strategic objectives. Provide timely advice, communication, reports and submissions for key divisional, departmental and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that tools, systems, and reporting including spend analytics support best practice in procurement across the Department and NSW.
- Participate in procurement initiatives and projects, as required, and may be deployed to other areas within the Procurement to meet client and business needs, drive cross- skilling and enable skills development.
- Focusing on creating a consistent environment to obtain best value for money for the Department while ensuring compliance with government standards,
- maintaining probity and managing Departmental risk exposure. Dealing with matters of a sensitive and confidential nature and demonstrating appropriate levels of professionalism and trust
- Leveraging procurement opportunities in a diverse organisation and analysing complex information across multiple information systems.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Anjali Panjabi on 02 9464 5704 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.