12-month contract opportunity available for an experienced Solution Architect who has experience in going through a cyber maturity. This role works for our well-regarded utilities client based in Newstead, Brisbane. WFH flexibility is on offer. This role will pay daily market rates, with no agency fees.
As the Solution Architect, you will be tasked with providing technical expertise and thought leadership to assist the Cyber Security Platform and its internal customers at our Client in providing technical and architectural advice and guidance for the successful delivery of the associated Program of Work.
Key Accountabilities within the Cyber Security context are:
- Work collaboratively with the Business Divisions, Enterprise Architecture, Digital Strategy, Delivery and Technical internal resources as well as external partners and service providers, to analyse, recommend, define, design, endorse and/or implement secure solution/s, within the agreed enterprise architecture, that assist the business in incorporating, contributing and/or realising the organisation's strategic objective/s and business plan/s
- Review, interpret and respond to business requirements to ensure alignment between customer expectation/needs and current and/or future ICT capability
- Provide expert advice, recommendation and guidance to Platform Managers, Project Managers and/or Project Team Members in the development and/or implementation of Platform roadmaps and the exploration of options to address business problems/needs
- Identify, resolve and/or manage architecture challenges throughout the provisioning of technical solutions across the organisation aligned with the Business
- Contribute to the development and/or creation of architecture key policies, principles, frameworks, standards and processes based on industry standards
- Stay up to date with current and emerging security technologies; products and services; architectural and business trends; relevant methodologies, processes and techniques
- Provide mentoring and/or guidance to resource members and/or employees seeking exposure and further opportunities in the area
- Represent Security Architecture at relevant forums internal and external to the organisation, providing quality assurance services within the security architecture and design competency area
- Provide a consolidated view of security architecture representing and guiding the Security Consulting function in the Security Governance and Risk team in relation to architecture and representing security architecture within the Enterprise Architecture community
- Identify, propose and/or contribute to the development of improvement initiatives in the architecture and design areas
Projects will be managed under the clients Digital project delivery methodology and the Cyber Security Architect role is ideally suited to someone who has:
- Experience with modern Cyber Security solutions such as Cloud Security Solutions, and/or Perimeter and Network Security Solutions, and/or IDAM, and/or ZTNA/SSE solutions
- Knowledge of Security Reference Architectures and their application in industry for both IT and OT environments
- Experience in Security Architecture working on large/complex ICT projects or experience performing a similar role in a Utilities industry across both IT and OT environments
- Significant track record in end-to-end solution delivery working across multiple platforms and technologies
- Experience in Architecture repositories usage for development, management and/or implementation of capability roadmaps
- Experience in requirements elicitation, technology research, exploration of business opportunities for compiling highly professional options analyses and assessing them against a set of criteria that supports the solution recommendation/s
- Experience in developing an understanding of the business, making complex decisions, and delivering outcomes in an environment of high complexity whilst meeting deadlines across multiple projects or work packages
- Ability in specifying and designing large or complex systems/solutions that clearly translate and/or articulate the business specifications and benefits into the proposed solution design/s
- Ability to exercise critical thinking skills when confronted with complexity, scrutinizing problems, making fresh connections and articulating them clearly to different audiences
- Ability to select appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with the organisation's enterprise architecture guidelines and principles ensuring these are applied effectively
- Ability to differentiate between administrative, physical and logical/technical controls and pragmatically define and apply controls defined in Cyber Security Framework domains, policies and standards in solution architectures.
- (*) It is expected a minimum of 5 years of experience driving solutions focused on Cyber Security in order to support the level of knowledge and expertise expected to perform the role
- Demonstrated strong* experience as a security solution architect on large complex ICT projects, including strategic knowledge and use of architecture/design methodologies and tools - specifically around Prevent, Detect and Protect solutions
- Current Cyber Security technologies examples are: Firewalls, internet, network, control and visibility tools, proxy, remote access, Cloud, VPN etc.
- Demonstrated strong* experience in providing architectural and process to large organisations with a detailed understanding and consideration of ongoing management challenges
- Proven strong* experience working as a team to define, establish and deliver Digital Transformation within a large organisation
- Demonstrated ability to elicit business and architectural information from others and document it as part of solution designs, including demonstration of how solutions meet frameworks and standards such as AESCSF and ASD
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with business and technical stakeholders, senior management and project team members, including running workshops and producing artefacts from these engagements
- Able to demonstrate experience in managing the exploration of opportunities and being able to assess these opportunities including developing appropriate risk mitigation
Job number 256659
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ianthe Price on 07 33395628 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.