The Technical Delivery Manager (Senior PM) is accountable for the delivery of the Technical streams of Programs and Projects.
Also responsible for leading a cross functional team within IT Domains. This role also involves working with regional & offshore teams. As a Senior Project Manager you will manage Projects/Programs worth > $3M at any point in time and may entail managing 2 or more Projects/Programs in parallel They will be required to work within a Core Team environment, generally consisting of Business Program Managers, Networks engineering Managers and other senior operational personal. It is tasked with financial management and the associated reporting KPIs within the Project team. Strong financial management skills are required to ensure financial budgets are managed effectively.
- Manage programs/projects on behalf of the Group IT
- Develop, manage and improve stakeholder relations - both internal and external
- Use of project management artefacts to ensure effective outcomes such as:
- Accuracy of forecasting
- Delivery timelines and schedules are met
- Adherence to quality standards
- Lead in the identification of business impacts resulting from project implementation and proactively manage them
- Deliver financial submissions and updates to sponsors and senior stakeholders in accordance with capital management processes
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts and reconciliations against budget to ensure forecasting variance maintained within 10%
- Resolving program/project escalated issues and disputes while maintaining constructive working relationships and achieving schedule commitments
- Prepare resource plans and manage ongoing resource forecasts
- Lead motivate a core team of cross functional members (including Commercial, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, IT, Engineering, Business Process resources) to deliver the best possible project outcome. This role also involves managing offshore teams & vendors.
- Ensure a high standard and continuous development of market knowledge, business unit operations, consultative and presentation skills, education and experience relevant to the role
Experience and Qualification
- 5+ years of Program/Project management for medium to large application development projects ($1Mil to up to $20Mil and/or up to 10+ team members)
- Experience in software development and delivery of large complex software projects, in particular with mobile, billing, integration and digital applications
- 5+ years of experience doing financial management
- Experience working with Senior Stakeholders (VP, Director of large organisation level).
- IT Project Delivery using Waterfall `Agile and Hybrid Methodology.
- Substantial Capex ($10M+) management experience
- 5+ years working with external Vendors
- Experience breaking down complex problems into sizable chunks for effective problem solving
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Jen Fermin on +613 9005 1754 or email email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.