Cloud Engineer

Posted 12 August 2021
SalaryAU$120000 - AU$160000 per annum
LocationSydney, New South Wales, Australia
Job type Contract
DisciplineCloud + Infrastructure, IT General
Reference200202975_1628746257

Job description

  • Permanent Role with a successful FinTech backed by a large enterprise org

  • Drive cloud strategy while remaining in a hands-on and technical role

About the company

A midsized (approx. 200 people) fintech backed by a large enterprise organisation. Employees highlight the excellent collaborative and people-oriented culture, a vibrant office, and a management team who are conscious of their staff which allows employees the flexibility and opportunities to try new things.

About the role

As a Cloud / DevOps Engineer you will:

  • Drive the cloud strategy in a hands-on and technical role to assist the company as they undergo an IT transformation (80% Azure, remaining 20% on AWS with plans to migrate off AWS).

  • Work with AWS and Azure and use your coding ability to automate the environment build and release process

  • Build rapport and maintain relationships while supporting frontline customer service teams

  • Develop methodologies and solutions

  • Be the "go-to" person for all technical cloud and infrastructure-related items

To be successful in this role your CV will highlight much of the following:

  • Demonstrated experience working as a DevOps or Cloud engineer or similar with a broad range of experience in design, development, and implementation of complex development and operations automation

  • Deep working knowledge of both AWS and Azure in Wintel environment

  • Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies, Confluence, Jira, and DevOps tools

  • Additional tech experience includes: Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Elastic Stack, RestAPIs, scripting languages

Ref#:200202975

To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Harini Turlapati on 02 94645532 or email: Hturlapati@paxus.com.au and quote the above job reference number.

Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.