An organisation in the government sector is focused on improving and developing future platforms that provides identity, authentication and authorisation services. The branch is working with other government agencies to develop Whole of Government digitisation strategy and implement the initiatives as partner. As part of this initiative, an opportunity for an Automation Tester has become available.
- Contribute towards defining a Test Automation framework and the automation of manual testing tasks across all projects within the organisation.
- Apply sound technical understanding of relevant automated test tools and related technologies (e.g. Selenium, Appium, Specflow, Protractor/Karma, Cucumber, and automation framework) in development of automated test suites.
- Apply practical programming experience using .Net (preferably C#), SQL, XML and package management (e.g. nuget, npm etc).
- Experience with mobile test automation using Appium
- Identify and automate manual test cases where necessary.
- Take ownership, plan and execute both functional and non-functional tests as per the SLA and within agreed timeframes.
- Implement and manage continuous automated testing integration using Microsoft tools (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Unit testing framework) for the automation of functional/system testing.
- Attend daily stand-up sessions and represent QA in release planning, to ensure balanced, low-risk distribution of testing tasks throughout the iteration.
- Develop a sound business understanding ensuring tests are defined and developed, with close alignment to the business use of the system.
- Encourage and promote quality excellence within the team, ensure that work practices are effective and consistent, and that best practice is identified and shared.
- Mentor and guide permanent APS staff to develop automation testing competency.
- Adhere to the organisation's system development methodologies in all test activities
Must be Australian Citizen to obtain Baseline Clearance.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Anna Reyes on + 613 90874195 or email email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.