The purpose of the Principal Technical Consultant - Networks role is to manage the development, design and implementation of large scale and complex ICT solutions for Cisco data, wireless and unified voice solutions and provide expert technical advice whilst ensuring alignment with contemporary Information Communication Technology (ICT) frameworks and standards.
In addition to core Cisco networking experience and credentials, knowledge of Alcatel (unified / voice) communications solutions in complex enterprise environments is desirable but not mandatory. Additional experience in either Cisco Unified Communications, Paging and messaging systems and / or solutions will be highly regarded.
To be successful in this role you will have Experience in the design, publication, implementation, compliance and delivery of technical solutions to industry best practice frameworks for large scale, complex IM/ICT program/project(s), preferably in the health care industry.
Experience in designing ICT solutions across multiple sites and scales providing expert knowledge in relevant design standards, techniques and methods and tools for large scale complex organisations.
You will also have well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate, advise, influence others and work collaboratively with people to make decisions. (NHS: Effective and strategic influencing, Collaborative working). With Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and mentor a multi-disciplinary project team.
Provide an overview of the project they will be working on
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with QPS values as outlined above.
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Manage the design, planning and implementation of technical solutions, ensuring alignment with best practice IM/ICT design and delivery frameworks.
- Specify and design complex systems and recommendations appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures effective application.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of technical specialities and provides expert advice regarding their application.
- Manage the development, publication, implementation and compliance of all program/project(s) deliverables and related standards and procedures at an enterprise level.
- Lead the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation planning of complex IM/ICT changes, including the evaluation of risks to the integrity of infrastructure inherent in proposed implementations.
- Manage a team of specialist technical resources in the delivery of complex technical solutions
Mandatory qualifications / Professional registration / other requirements:
- While not mandatory, a relevant qualification or Cisco Certification in wireless or networking would be well regarded.
- This position may require the incumbent to operate a government vehicle and an appropriate licence to operate this type of vehicle is required (Queensland 'C' class licence) and proof must be provided before commencement of duty.
Job Reference Number: 264606
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Yana Sanos on +617 3709 4928 or email [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.