Our client is undertaking a project to consolidate their data centres, in line with the Data Centre Strategy. The project objectives are to exit the current primary data centre in Brisbane, migrate workloads to the cloud (where viable) and consolidate data centre infrastructure into data centres in northern Queensland.
We require a Project Manager to join the team with demonstrated experience in successfully managing cloud migrations within large organisations.
This is a 12 month contract initially with potential of extension, and will be based in Newstead, Brisabane.
This role will be accountable for the successful delivery of the Cloud Migration stream in the Data Centre Consolidation project.
Requirements for the Data Centre Consolidation project include:
- Exiting the Polaris Data Centre (commercial co-location facility in Brisbane)
- Migrating workloads from the Polaris Data Centre to AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure where viable
- Relocating and standing up client server, storage and network infrastructure from the Polaris Data Centre into client owned data centres in Townsville or Rockhampton
- Validating the resilience and operation of the relocated production applications
The role is suited to someone who has knowledge and experience in:
- Cloud migrations, including assessing the cloud viability of workloads
- Data Centre server, storage and networking infrastructure
- Managing diverse project teams consisting of delivery partners, internal resources, and vendors located in multiple locations
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills that can be tailored to a variety of stakeholders including executive management and technical subject matter experts
- Demonstrated experience in managing cloud migrations within large complex organisations with a working knowledge of infrastructure technologies including hosting and networking products and services
- Demonstrated superior stakeholder management skills including effective communications with technical subject matter experts, business customers and senior management
- Extensive experience in planning, scheduling and managing a mix of internal and external resources, including vendors, to deliver project outcomes within agreed time, quality and cost tolerances
Job number # 200206094
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ianthe Price on 07 33395628 or email: email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.