This role is responsible for the continual review and management of the quality management systems for both Paxus and Labour Solutions Australia (LSA) brands, to ensure business effectiveness, identifying and managing risk and compliance to relevant quality standards (ISO 9001 and ISO 45001)
The focus is on quality, compliance, and risk to improve business performance whilst partnering with business stakeholders to deliver key initiatives.
There will be the preparation of regular performance reports and metrics (against Quality objectives) for Management and Board review.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement to support business operational excellence programs and objectives.
- Offer clear guidance and support to our teams to achieve compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement a quality improvement plan and oversee an internal audit program.
- Work in partnership with the Operations Group to achieve improvement outcomes, including the facilitation of root cause analysis of identified problems.
- Provide necessary support to all business units in closing out corrective actions to continually improve process, improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Reviewing policies and processes with stakeholders and influencing change in work styles to continually improve process effectiveness and efficiency whilst reducing risk.
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
- Identifying relevant quality and compliance related training needs and delivering training.
- Oversee certifications and compliance programs, (including ISO ISO9001 and ISO 45001 AS4801/OHSAS18001 /). Ensuring that the Quality Management System conforms to regulatory and legal requirements.
- Oversee the WHS Host site risk audit program (LSA)
- Review policy and process library and ensure related documents are adequately controlled, clear, concise, and communicated.
- Collaborate with managers in developing new policies, systems, and processes. Work with managers and other employees to ensure procedural compliance and provide assistance and information.
- Establish and maintain business unit risk and compliance registers and periodically assess the integrity of defined controls.
- Prepare quality and governance framework related metrics and trend reports, including quarterly reporting for the Board Audit & Risk Committee.
- Policy owner of relevant policies including, Quality, Environmental, Sustainability, Health and Safety
- Develop HSE Management Plans and SWMS (Safe work method statement) JSA’s (Job Safety Analysis) as required.
- Monitoring changes to applicable legislative requirements.
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Demonstrated experience within in a corporate environment in a quality or governance related role (e.g. internal audit, risk, compliance and/or quality assurance).
- Experience managing certification of ISO 9001 and 45001 (encompassing AS4801)
- Proven people influencing to drive quality improvements with a disciplined, collaborative, and enabling approach.
- Proven experience with incident investigation and resolution management.
- Internal audit qualification preferred.
- Preferably degree educated or suitably qualified (in fields such as Commerce/Business, Risk or Quality).
- Experience conducting internal audits and knowledge of audit processes and methodologies, preferably with formal auditor qualifications.
- Sound understanding of corporate governance topics such as HSE, risk, assurance, compliance, and controls.
- Understanding and working knowledge of document control processes and systems (e.g. SharePoint)
- Understanding of process improvement methodologies, including process mapping and control definition
- Strong written skills and experience gained developing and/or reviewing policies, processes, and instructional documentation
- Understanding of OH&S and Privacy Act compliance
- Understanding of the ISO9001 and 45001 standard and the certification process
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Strong Visio would be desirable
- Ability to influence behaviours and embed a compliance and continuous improvement culture.
- A structured, process driven approach and have the energy and drive to support a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyse data and produce clear, concise, and accurate reporting for governance related metrics.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, prioritise workload and work within deadlines
- Process driven and commercial acumen with the ability to add value through business focussed recommendations.
- Positive Can-do attitude to learning and development within the field of corporate governance and business process improvement.
- Ability to read and understand contracts and regulatory requirements to determine key requirements and formulate solutions to ensure compliance.
Ability to quickly understand business processes and their interaction with people and supporting technology and formulate improvement suggestions.
For any further questions, please contact Hannah on 0426050501 or email@example.com