New 12-month contract opportunity for an experienced Senior Data Engineer + option to extend. This role will be based in Newstead, Brisbane + WFH flexibility.
As the Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the development of enterprise data pipelines to meet business reporting, analytical and big data needs within the Enterprise Intelligence function of the client.
About the role
- Deliver large scale data and intelligence solutions that are customer focused, easy to consume and create business impact
- Design and develop a large-scale cloud data ecosystem that complies with the clients cyber and information security requirements.
- Lead data engineering initiatives and build end-to-end analytical solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective
- Design data collection and classification processing in regulated and unregulated reporting environments
- Design data extraction and transformation pipeline to support unstructured and semi-structured and structured data.
- Provide high level expert knowledge and design to develop models using on the clients Enterprise Data Platform (EDP)
- Design and execute unit, integration, performance, and security testing of data models to ensure the quality standards are met and the business requirements are satisfied
- Provide professional, timely and effective data solution design and implementation services, including technical advice on complex matters relating to the Enterprise Data Platform.
- Comply with Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) modelling standards, ring-fencing rules, security and privacy obligations, quality rules and the clients Information Management Framework
- Lead, mentor, and conduct code reviews of other data engineers / data modelers.
- Provide feedback to upskill and share knowledge to ensure alignment with quality standards.
- Lead the handover to operational teams at the conclusion of the project.
- Deliver high quality specifications and ensure other artefacts are reviewed to ensure alignment with Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) modelling standards
- Demonstrated expert experience in building and maintaining secure, reliable, and scalable infrastructure and services on AWS
- Demonstrated expert experience in designing, implementing, and operating large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics and data science
- Demonstrated expert experience in implementing data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modelling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools
- Coding expert experience using Python, Java, or C#, with full CI / CD pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work on high pressure projects with a focus on outcomes and deliverables and the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and experience in estimating the end to end effort required to deliver reports against specifications to required standards
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring technical staff and reviewing deliverables to provide constructive feedback
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Demonstrated expertise in advanced problem solving, relational databases, analytical skills. Ability to develop queries and use querying tools and techniques to develop reports and models and interrogate data
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of information management principles
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills resulting in the attainment of practical solutions that meets business requirements
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
Job number 200206022
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ianthe Price on 07 33395628 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.