The Senior ICT Category Management Specialist is responsible for embedding category and contract management principles for major contracts and categories, including the identification, development and implementation of sub-category/contract and procurement strategies to drive increased value from their allocated contract portfolio.
This is a 6 month contract initially with the option to extend for 6 months and will be based in Newstead Brisbane.
The position provides specialist procurement and category-specific advice and manages key stakeholder relationships with strategic suppliers and related business units and is responsible for:
- Overseeing sourcing activities to ensure alignment to governance, sustainable and social procurement principles as established by the client
- Effectively collaborates with a diverse range of customers, stakeholders, suppliers, Category Management to create cohesive project team that is aligned to corporate / category strategy objectives.
- Leading highly complex negotiations to establish balanced sustainable future contract commercial outcomes for the client
- The execution of quality balanced contract instruments.
- Identify, develop, deploy and maintain detailed sub-category /contract procurement strategies for a portfolio of related contract spend.
- In collaboration with Category Managers, stakeholders, customers develop and execute sourcing strategies for a diverse range of (Q3/Q4) high spend/risk goods and / or services requiring open or closed market tests.
- Seek input, provide advice and effectively collaborate to consolidate Category Strategy, technical specifications and other relevant documentation to develop high quality Tender and / or EOI documents for open or closed market tests.
- Analyse process contract risk in line with probity and governance requirements for each sourcing project, and either manage all aspects of internal probity or as required engage and work closely with external probity service.
- Develop, lead and project manage complex sourcing activities to maximise alignment of subject matter experts, Category Management, tenderers and stakeholders to tender and / or EOI objectives, and as required broker resolutions and / or identify sourcing risk mitigation strategies, resulting in the timely delivery of sourcing activities.
- Lead complex commercial negotiations for high value/high risk sourcing activities (i.e. Best and Final) with a wide range of varied market participants and / or suppliers.
- Working very closely with Category Management, execute high quality contract instruments, ensure comprehensive contract implementation material for the effective management of the contract is provided to all relevant parties.
- As required participate in Category Strategy development with peers for high value/high risk category strategies considering the entire supply chain, internal information, economic considerations and procurement processes.
- Represent Strategic Procurement and influence through relationship management with attendance at identified internal stakeholder meetings enabling information to be shared and demand management opportunities to be identified.
- Stay abreast of trends and innovation within procurement including analytics, category management and procurement processes, systems and tools to identify opportunities improvement, while maintaining important
- Work with the other senior procurement managers to set goals and objectives for inclusion in the annual Corporate Procurement Plan.
- Cultivate relationships with key cross-functional/organisational stakeholders and strategic suppliers to identify and quantify value adding opportunities.
- Develop business cases and presentations to influence and gain buy-in from key executives (and other internal stakeholders) for recommended strategies.
- Pursue opportunities and optimise outcomes by conducting detailed negotiations with key decision-makers from selected suppliers.
- Ensure strategies align with business goals and are based on appropriate levels of market intelligence, stakeholder research and risk analysis. Strategies should be regularly reviewed and address both immediate and long term business requirements, along with any associated transition plans/risk treatments.
- Provide expert advice on holistic spend management, procurement processes, contractual, compliance and probity issues. Lead and provide direction to procurement teams to ensure outcomes are delivered in accordance with category strategy objectives.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert towards the development of frameworks, systems and processes to enable the effective management of the clients Procurement programs.
- Develop and maintain a high level understanding of each sub-category, the supply chain and a sound knowledge of the relevant supply markets.
- Mentor and coach new procurement staff and provide job specific guidance.
- Represent the client at industry forums and participate in cross-organisational activities and projects.
- Deal with sensitive corporate supplier and commercial-in-confidence information in an appropriate manner and in accordance with probity requirements.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation, policies, procedures and practices.
Selection of the successful bid will be based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated significant knowledge of procurement process, general business, commercial activities, decision making criteria and cost benefit as they relate to procurement and category management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex situations, provide strategic advice and offer business solutions that support key stakeholder objectives
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of contract law including law as it pertains to process contract, contemporary procurement practices and related legislative frameworks and code.
- Ability to research and develop formal reports, business cases and other forms of complex correspondence to a high standard.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, advise and manage complex probity and governance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage complex negotiations at tender in often difficult challenging circumstances.
- Proven ability to collaborate, communicate, influence and negotiate successful outcomes with a wide range of senior executive management and key stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including persuasiveness, assertiveness and sensitivity to others point of view in order to influence behaviour, change opinion or turn a situation around.
- Demonstrated ability to take a strategic focus and effectively implement change effectively, preferably across a geographically dispersed organisation.
- Strong attention to detail, quality with the flexibility and integrity to instil confidence and build trust across the business.
- High level organisation, planning and time management skills, whilst maintaining confidentiality in a discrete and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information in a discrete and professional manner, and interact impartially and equitably
Job number 200206068
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ianthe Price on 07 33395628 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.