Note: This role requires Australian Citizenship. To be considered for this role, please note your citizenship status at the top of your CV before applying.
About the company
An independent commission within the Australian federal government. Employees highlight the supportive atmosphere and flexibility both within their work and work-life balance.
About the role
This is a 12-month initial contract with the expectation of extension. Competitive rate.
- The Senior Engineer will work with a team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and security
- All Linux instances (~600) spread mostly across RHEL/CentOS but with a growing number-of and trend-toward Ubuntu.
- Base services consumed by other technology teams such as: virtualisation (VMware), block and file storage (Pure Storage), backup (Cohesity) and index/search (Splunk).
- Core services relied on by the entire agency such as: DNS (BIND), NTP, SMTP (Postfix), web proxying (Squid and Forcepoint/Websense), RSA SecurID.
- A solid understanding of Linux including networking, package management, auditd, SElinux/AppArmor, IPTABLES/NFTABLES, TLS, PKI.
- Experience in the strategies and techniques required to implement the ACSC's Essential Eight in a Linux environment.
- Heavy consumers of automation (Ansible and scripting) to deploy and configuration manage most solutions under their maintenance
- Work to a very high standard where it is extremely rare that their services are down * Make good use of monitoring (Zabbix, Splunk) to ensure that environment health is proactive and robust
- Constantly considering how to architect and re-architect solutions for stronger cybersecurity; implement solutions which are secure at many layers.
- Document their work for the benefit of all (Confluence)
- Organise and prioritise their tasks, record updates for others to track (JIRA)
- Highly competitive day rate!
- Great work culture!
- 12 months contract with chance of extension
Ref No: 200205920
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Priya Srinivasan on 02 9464 5835 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.