As a Senior Technical Analyst - Data you will be the vital link between delivery and business objectives, by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of software product features.
You will be an ambassador for transformation and manage relationships across a number of stakeholders to ensure that the Program's outputs meet the needs of the business and that business teams are engaged throughout the Program lifecycle.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, strong documentation skills and process orientation and previous experience in analysing data to draw business relevant conclusions.
- Help understand existing as-is functionality of the systems with your deep SME platform knowledge to refine system specific requirements and identify potential gaps
- Define the mapping for UI/API's involved by working with Business analyst, solution designer and CX Designers
- Identify and capture application specific technical requirements to plug-in to existing systems and process flow incl. reporting etc.
- Work within an Agile team to design and deliver new products or services in an iterative, continuous fashion
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills and establish working relationships with the product owner.
- Organising and facilitating sprint and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related ceremonies
- Tracking and communicating team metrics, sprint and release progress
- Foster an environment that promotes psychological safety, continuous improvement, and effective risk management
- Manage dependencies between teams and ensure any impediments to the team are removed
- Contribute to capturing and managing RAID for the initiative.
- Ability to clearly document the functional as well as technical Requirements - act as the bridge between the Business and Data Developers
- Excellent understanding of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Visio etc.
- Optimise delivery by being able to identify and recommend appropriate solutions to complex problems, balancing requirements and technical limitations whilst maintaining the focus on the target outcomes.
- Identify project delivery issues and risks, assist with mitigation strategies, and escalate where necessary
- Simplifying technical information and deciphering technical jargon so it is easily understood by the whole team
- Liaise and collaborate with external teams as required
Things they care about:
- Elicit Technical requirements that align with the business requirements and translate these into system changes
- Bring in systems knowledge to help squads understand system behaviour and impacts
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments with competing priorities
What's in it for me?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world's great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
Whatever shape your family takes, we offer generous paid and unpaid parental leave for your nominated primary and support carers. This includes leave to organise adoptions, surrogacy, and foster care arrangements.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong stakeholder management experience and be self-driven. In addition to this, your skills may include:
- A degree in IT / Computer Science
- Advanced SQL query writing
- Strong documentation skills and process orientation.
- Experience working as a Technical Business Analyst, including Business / Technology requirements documentation
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualisation techniques and tools
- Knowledge in generating technical documentation
- At least 5 years Business Analysis experience in requirements / testing in solution development
- Banking and financial experience
- Previous data migration experience
- Power BI experience
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Emma Metzger on +617 3339 5618 or email [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.