12-month contract opportunity available for an experienced Solution Architect to work with our well-regarded utilities client who are based in Newstead, Brisbane. Daily market rates are on offer + 2 days WFH flexibility.
As the Spatial Networks Solution Architect, you will be responsible for providing expertise and thought leadership for planning, management, formulation, and development of Solution Architectures for the Engineering Business. As such, you will support the work Digital is currently initiating that is relevant to the Engineering Division's future vision of an Intelligent Network Grid.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Network Model Data Flows
- Establish Network Model source dataflows from the new source systems specifically ESRI Unified GIS and where possible SAP AWM
- Networks Telecommunication Management Tool
- Replace existing Telecommunication Tools used to model and manage the equipment records and connectivity of Distribution Telecommunications Network.
- PowerFactory Re-architecture for Cloud
- Leverage the clients existing investment in AWS Cloud
- Network Planning Tools Consolidation and Replacement
- Within the context of a major change program (replacing legacy ERP/EAM) implementing SAP as the clients Asset Management and Works Management Tool -- Undertake a systematic review of multiple existing purpose-built information analysis solutions used to support Grid Planning, Time Series Data Management, Power System Analysis, Network Ratings and Limitation and Protection
- Digital Twin Spatial Analysis and Visualisation
- Support the development of Digital Twins by establishing spatial visualisation and analysis capabilities over contemporary enterprise data warehousing platforms, and Engineering Telemetry Hub data sources; implementing a set of initial business use cases that can drive the technical setup and provide initial business value
Key Accountabilities are:
- Working as a member of a small team (Business Partner, Project Manager, Business Analyst) assist in all activities associated with business case development including Problem Definition/Ideation, Business Requirements definition, Conceptual Solution Designs and Options analysis and Review
- Options Identification and Analysis - Provide expert advice in Solution Architecture and Design/s for the client whilst maintaining a focus on business objectives
- Adopt and apply Enterprise Architecture principles and standards - Cloud Architecture direction, Digital Technology Standards, Design Guidelines
- Production of architecture design artefacts and presentation to Digital Design Board Forums for endorsement and approval
- Provisioning of technical solutions across the organisation aligned with business outcomes
- Development and management of relationships with key clients and the Digital leadership team to support the identification, coordination, and planning of services in a timely and effective manner
- Identification, resolution and management of strategy and architecture issues/exemptions are identified, resolved and managed
- Ensure architectures are developed to reflect the interrelationships across the Digital group and the clients application set and mapped against the architectures of the organization
- Demonstrated strong* experience in providing architectural and process direction for the end-to-end engagements for large organisations with a detailed understanding and consideration of ongoing management challenges
- Demonstrated strong* experience in architecture, design and building of enterprise level data models, data pipelines, data migrations and data quality management
- Demonstrated strong* stakeholder management skills with proven ability to engage with technical resources, senior execute team and external vendors/partners
- Demonstrated strong* experience in elicit business and architectural information from others and document it as part of solution designs, including demonstration of how solutions meet frameworks and standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written communication skills) with business and technical stakeholders, senior management and project team members, including facilitating workshops and producing artefacts from these engagements
- Ability to elicit business and architectural information from others and document it as part of solution designs, including demonstration of how solutions meet frameworks and standards
- Significant experience in delivering large scale solutions that are customer focused, easy to consume and create business impact in hybrid environments (on-premise and multi-cloud)
- Designing end-to-end cloud-based solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective
- Experienced in commercial documentation and negotiations related to product or application assessment, tenders and commercial agreements
(*) It is expected a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Solution Architect to address the level of knowledge and expertise expected to perform the role
Job number 257019
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ianthe Price on 07 33395628 or email: email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.