This federal government department is looking for an experienced Storage Engineer to join their highly dynamic team.
Primary Technologies: SAN, NAS, Cisco MDS, Brocade DCX, Block Storage, File Storage, Object Storage.
- Storage Engineer describes the function which takes operational ownership of all design and implementation of midrange storage infrastructure (i.e. storage switching, network and arrays) management as well as procedures for provision, reclamation and decommission of storage.
- The key function is to design, build and support organisation's storage infrastructure capabilities both in-house and in a shared service arrangement.
- The role operates with a significant degree of independence and works under the broad guidance of a Service Delivery Manager to deliver quality outcomes.
- They operate with a high level of autonomy, with decision-making highly dependent on their own judgement. In performing this technical leadership role, they identify and drive innovation, manage and lead change, and have an active role in contributing to, and implementing the agency's strategic direction.
- A Senior technical resource is responsible for designing, implementing, and integrating storage solutions along with BAU activities such as compliance, automation, incident management and storage administration.
The Storage Engineers Key/Tasks Duties:
- Lead provisioning of secure, reliable and cost effective storage for various platforms (windows, linux, solaris etc).
- Drive infrastructure related procurement and refresh.
- Provide technical storage consultancy to various internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Develop technical documentation, processes, procedures and policies.
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot Storage Area Network related issues.
- Work out of business hours/public holidays under on-call and restrictions.
- Handle tight BAU and Project work deadlines.
Job reference number is > 256007
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Nathan Coller on 07 33395609 or email: email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.