As the Strategic Records Manager - Archivist you will lead the strategic governance of records within the department having the following responsibilities:
- Lead major programs at state-wide level and of critical importance to the department, operating within broad policy guidelines, or responsibility for a service wide function, including but not limited to:
- Piloting the disposal of physical departmental records within a school environment
- disposal lift activities, provide progress reports, advice to managers and act as the accountable senior archivist to prepare and dispose of records.
- Lead and deliver a range of capability uplift initiatives focusing on records management including developing standards, planning and implementing awareness campaigns.
- Provide advice and recommendations to ensure compliance with Queensland Government legislation, policies and procedures relating to recordkeeping, information management and information governance.
- Prepare the preparation of complex reports, submissions, briefing notes, presentation and correspondence for consideration by senior management and executive management including project boards.
- Lead, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other key organisations such as Queensland State Archives.
- Provide recommendations for restricted access periods for items sent to Queensland State Archives.
- Provide advice and training regarding records management to unit and departmental staff.
- Manage other staff and contractors as directed.
- Work autonomously as well as contribute to a team environment.
Required Skill Set:
The following skills/abilities are essential:
- Experience in leading a disposal program within a medium to large organisation or government department.
- Experience in managing records at a strategic governance level e.g. establishing organisation-wide processes and practices to provide a consistent and integrated approach to records management, within a government department
- Experience in leading and establishing enterprise-wide records management practices in a large, diverse organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills - ability to interact professionally with a wide range of departmental clients
- Ability to navigate political requests for information and advice
- Ability to train and mentor other staff in records management
- Sound change management
- Experience in leading a organization-wide disposal program
- Experience in Retention and Disposal practices
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Emma Metzger on +617 3339 5618 or email [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.