Paxus is currently working with a Federal Government Client who are seeking an Assistant Director for an initial 12-month contract.
As the Assistant Director you will be responsible for leading a small team, providing technical advice, contributing to the development of technical submissions and liaising, negotiating and communicating with government agencies, industry bodies, and other internal and external stakeholders.
Other tasks include undertaking research and analysis to develop submissions and briefings on market access changes. The Assistant Director will also represent the department in international meetings and forums.
The successful candidate will need:
- Well-developed scientific and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to analyse complex policy issues, identify problems and clearly communicate advice on appropriate solutions.
- The ability to manage competing priorities and deliver work under tight timeframes.
- The ability to provide technical advice associated with food safety aspects of trade in animal products.
- The ability to independently manage workflow and deliver outcomes.
- The ability to coordinate the work of a team, manage staff and facilitate a positive work environment.
- The ability to engage with stakeholders and build strong working relationships.
- The ability to thing strategically and provide innovative solutions to complex policy issues.
- A Bachelor level degree in science, agricultural science, food science, microbiology or international relations is mandatory.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button, or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Melissa Niemiec on 02 6151 9213 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.