Are you a Cloud Architect with strong hybrid cloud experience? If the answer is yes, this large Government agency is looking for you...
Help shape the future of the organisation's hybrid cloud environment in this long 12 month contract with 1x 12 month extension option. You will work in either the Brisbane CBD or Chermside, although initially Work From Home is likely.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Work in collaboration with delivery teams to develop cloud architectures, designs and pattern aligned to strategic objectives
- Assist in planning and execution of new integration strategy
- Development of microservice and container standards, patterns, guardrails, and reference architectures
- Assist program teams in procurement process, ie estimated costings, requirements and technical evaluations
- Refine and improve strategy for Hybrid Cloud capability
- Mature Infrastructure-as-a-Service capabilities and introducing efficiencies
- Develop Platform-as-a-Service and containerisation adoption frameworks
- Evaluate Platform-as-a-Service ,Container, 3rd Party and SaaS offerings against compliance obligations
- Provide advice to application projects to facilitate their adoption of Cloud
- Promote and realise automation opportunities across infrastructure and application deployment, maintenance and operational activities
- Document/ Review "as-built" architecture and documentation
- Collaborate with external government agencies
- Work with vendors to identify, plan and realise opportunities across our technology portfolio
- Identify technical debt in out of pattern solutions
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Must be an Australian Citizen for Security Clearance purposes (exisiting Baseline Clearance preferred)
- Certification(s) and experience in AWS and/or Azure Cloud
- Demonstrated understanding of current cloud trends
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of cloud native and third- party data and analytics offerings
- Demonstrated knowledge of current application development, testing and operational trends
- Understand advanced application hosting techniques including containers, serverless, PaaS and SaaS
- Carefully considers system sustainability, longevity and end to end operability when establishing patterns and design solutions
- Understand network architectures that contribute to the successful operation of a hybrid cloud
- Demonstrated understanding and experience implementing modern microservice-oriented integration and API patterns and platforms
- Experience in designing solutions using API gateway platforms.
- Experience in designing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and DevOps automation solutions for managing and deploying to public cloud platforms.
- An in depth understanding of how to optimise the efficiency, compliance, and security of public cloud platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in large, complicated government environments
- Ability to navigate complex commercial, technical and operational landscapes to provide sustainable solutions that can scale across multiple applications
- Familiarity with a Microsoft-based ecosystem including Operating Systems, Networking, Web Hosting and Databases
- Has expertise in defining enterprise architecture policies, standards, principles, reference architectures and procedures for development
Job ID: 200203441
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact James Perry on 07 3339 5611 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.