New year, new you, new job! Are you an IT Desktop Support Engineer with experience providing face-to-face VIP support? If the answer is yes, this large ASX listed construction company is looking for you...
You will provide incident and service request management at both Level 2 and 1 in a fast-paced environment, where most of the work is focused on break/fix, and simple request fulfillment. They need someone who is at home dealing with more technical enquiries and not afraid to crawl under a desk to check physical connections as required.
This is an initial 6 month contract role providing additional resourcing to the exisiting team and they need someone with solid 2nd level experience to help support more junior members of the team.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
- Taking ownership of cases and managing them to resolution effectively and proactively, in line with SLAs
- Escalate cases and liaise with senior technical staff
- Communicate with users on appropriate action
- Log all service desk interactions and follow standard service desk procedures
- Experience using IT ticketing systems
- Redirect problems to the appropriate resources
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests, and document resolutions
- Remain current with system information, changes, and updates
- You will also be involved in or exposed to other parts of the IT team, including L1, mobile administration, project site services, testing, etc. where required:
- Service desk, computer deployments
- Telecommunications: Mobile phones
- set up and installation of communications equipment, printers, MS Teams meeting room
- Engage vendors
- End-User Education
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Solid 2nd level, in person, desktop support experience
- Desktop skills include Hardware, software (Office 365)
- Supporting Technical Software: Autodesk, Bentley, Project wise, 12D
- Experience in Engineering and or construction would be looked at favourably
- Excellent communications skills (written and spoken)
- Strong Time management Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer services focus
Job ID: 200205555
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact James Perry on 07 3339 5611 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.