Our Federal Government Agency is seeking an experienced Middleware Support Specialist to join their Canberra team. This is a 12 month contract with 2x12 months extensions.
Experienced Middleware support specialist engage in the production support and java applications deployments and monitoring in support of business and technical requirements. The role provides production and non-production environment deployments. Middleware support specialist exercise a considerable degree of independence and undertake a technical leadership role, with work performed under the general guidance of senior staff. Middleware support specialist may be responsible for, and/or contribute to the management of a team.
- 12 month contract with 2x12 month.
- Hybrid working arrangement available ( 3 days from Office and 2 days from WFH).
- Open to Australian Citizens with ability to obtain Baseline Security Clearance.
- Parking available
- Paxus pays weekly.
Key duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform and manage code movement across the environments, production deployment.
- Solve complex problems and deliver high quality solutions.
- Perform high-level analysis of relevant technical requirements to support project deliverable development and implementation phases.
- Manage the release and ensure go-live production support and maintenance for the team's developments.
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert and mentorship to less experienced colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies.
- Lead and manage the deployment and support tasks including overseeing work priorities and resource management.
- Maintain and support existing system/technology to support day-to-day operation.
- Report on the achievement of business outcomes, key performance indicators and quality assurance.
Primary Technologies required for role include:
- IBM WebSphere
- Window server, Jenkins/Bamboo, Linux
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience as an Integration services development specialist with:
a. IBM WebSphere deployments
b. Performance tuning, load balancing and monitoring various java systems.
- Experience in IBM WebSphere, Windows Server and Java technology stacks.
- Experience in IIS, Apache, IHS, Linux and PKI technology stacks.
- Experience in NetScaler, F5, Jenkins, Bamboo and Intelledox technology stacks.
When enquiring about this role, please quote the job number #264274
If you are interested in applying for this role or have some questions - please do not hesitate to contact Jey Kan, Senior Account Manager at Paxus on or on 0261519202 or on
or you could contact
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Irina Alrogi on +61 (0)2 6151 9203 or email: [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.