Role: Trading & Planning Director
Starts: May & June 2022
Location : Melbourne OR Sydney
Paxus Recruitment is partnered with one of the Largest & Most Succesful Independent Marketing Agencies based close to Southbank / South Melbourne Tram stops. They are looking for a Media Planning & Trading Director who has extensive experience with TV, Radio, OOH Channels & Digital Direct ?
The Planning & Trading Director will work closely with the Head of Media, working a lot on Client Management, Campaign Strategy & Planning, Technical Execution, Team Development, and being a part of the Leadership team.
The company has around 150+ people with offices across 3 states in Australia with Melbourne office around 50+ people.
Why Work for this Company
- One of the Most reputed Full-Service agencies in Australia.
- Work with Top Tier clients like BMW, Bupa, Origin, Dan Murphy, BWS etc
- Dedicated Budget for employee upskilling & Training; Mini MBA for all Managers & Directors
- 3 days office, 2 days work from home
- Great discount packages for all employees for multiple services
- Multiple events across the year to keep up to date with emerging trends & technologies.
- Office very close to Public Transport, cafe's and restaurants
- Regular Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in the office for staff.
Roles & Responsibilities
This role has 3 aspects to it
1. Team Leading & Development
- Work with the Client Lead to help facilitate deliverables and direct your direct reports to ensure tasks are completed effectively
- Lead team WIPs and support workflow and resource allocation within their team, managing effectively and reporting issues or concerns to the Client Lead.
- Educate the team and introduce all-new media initiatives in line with the agency trading product.
- provide coaching and leadership to your team and develop and train your direct reports so they can continue in their career progression with regular check-ins on their wellbeing, development
2. Stakeholder Management
- Work with multiple stakeholders (internal, agencies, media partners & clients) to deliver high-quality work, in a timely manner.
- Ensures client reporting is sent out in a timely matter and any issues are flagged well in advance.
- Negotiate media rates and discounts across all media partners, ensuring discounts and value levels are in line with spend commitments and we're delivering agreed value back to clients.
- Manage the buys ensuring campaigns are bought and delivered according to planned goals and will be responsible for timely communication if planned goals cannot be met, due to approved lead times
3. Planning & Strategy
- Lead planning work across the client, and develop the strategic direction into channel recommendations, tactics, and solutions to deliver to business goals.
- Drive delivery of strategic and innovative media solutions for your client, helping to evaluate media responses to determine the best fit for the strategy and the most effective tactics to deliver on the objectives
- Maintain strong knowledge of all media vendor offerings, as well as monitoring and reporting to the broader team on prevailing market conditions and opportunities.
What we are looking for
- 7+ years experience in a media planning and trading role within an agency environment.
- Strong planning experience, and understanding of implementation buying principles across Offline (Inc TV) channels and Digital.
- Strong negotiation skills across offline & direct digital.
- Ability to work with Trading Manager & HOT to track and report on annual deals, and manage overall budgets and commitments.
- Strong relationships with media partners, clients, and internal stakeholders, as well as the ability to manage a team.
- Experience with planning & buying tools including but not limited to: AQX, eTam, Roy Morgan, Nielsen Answers, Move, eRam to identify insights that influence media planning
* INTERVIEWING NOW*
*Please mention your VISA Status/Working Rights in your resume*
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.