About the Role
Our client is seeking an APS5 Procurement Officer with a strong customer-centric focus, excellent engagement skills, and a positive and flexible approach to provide procurement expertise and assist stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements.
This is a 6 month contract + 6 month extension.
- Assist in end to end procurement processes in line with the agency's policies and processes.
- Explain procurement processes and requirements to those responsible for business area spend and persuade them to adopt best practice.
- Prepare procurement and contract documentation in line with the Commonwealth Resource Management Framework (in particular the Commonwealth Procurement Rules).
- Quality check procurement documents and simple contracts.
- Post requests for quotes to procurement portals.
- Assist with collecting information for reports to senior executives and other Commonwealth entities.
- Conduct research such as checking AusTender for the most appropriate panel for staff members to use.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including liaison, negotiation, and consultation.
- Identify, mitigate and escalate procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximise business opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required to review and prepare documentation
- Ability to "think on your feet", find creative solutions and work under high pressure
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills are required to regularly liaise with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior executives, agency staff and suppliers
- Ability to learn policy and processes and apply them to everyday work
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good research and analysis skills
- Understanding of government procurement and financial processes (desirable)
You must be an Australian Citizen with a baseline clearance or be willing to obtain a baseline clearance.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Antonia Levantis on 02 61519211 or email: email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.