A significant program of work is currently being undertaken within this government department to migrate business critical functions from the legacy ERP solution onto other Government systems. This role will support the migration of Capital, Maintenance and Finance services to new Government solutions.
The program is seeking a highly experienced Scrum Master / Iteration Manager to lead and facilitate agile/scrum ceremonies (including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives) and to drive the adoption and implementation of agile methodologies, ensuring teams adhere to agile principles and practices.
Collaborating with cross-functional teams to plan, prioritise, and execute project deliverables in an iterative fashion, the role will also foster a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and implementing opportunities to enhance team efficiency and delivery.
* Serve as a Scrum Master / Iteration Manager for one or more agile teams, providing guidance and coaching to team members on agile principles and practices.
* Facilitate effective communication within the team and with stakeholders, ensuring transparency and information flow.
* Manage and prioritise the product backlog, working closely with product owners to define and refine user stories, backlog items and acceptance criteria.
* Track and report on project progress, identifying and addressing impediments to ensure successful and on-time delivery.
* Collaborate with product owners and business stakeholders to understand and prioritise project requirements and scope.
* Implement and enforce agile best practices, including the use of agile project management tools and techniques.
* Foster a collaborative and positive team environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and high performance.
* proven experience as an Iteration Manager or Scrum Master in a software development environment
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar agile certifications preferred
* strong understanding of agile principles, methodologies, and frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
* excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse teams
* demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve project goals
* experience with agile project management tools and software
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Business, etc.) or equivalent work experience
* minimum of 5 years of experience in agile project management or related roles
* previous experience in software development or IT projects is highly desirable.
* strong leadership and coaching skills
* effective problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities
* excellent time management and organisational skills
* adaptability and flexibility to navigate and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) processes
* familiarity with agile project management tools such as MS Planner
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Emma Metzger on +617 3339 5618 or email [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.