A Technical Team Lead to oversee the design and development of technical solutions within the team. In this role, you will ensure solutions meet customer and business needs, and align to technical best practices. The Technical Team Lead will coach and mentor developers and advocate for agile software delivery practices, such as continuous delivery and test automation. This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in a team building our global website, and other leisure brand websites and booking engines.
A day in the life:
- Lead design and development of solutions within a team.
- Partner with stakeholders to support solution discovery.
- Identify gaps in technical capability, and work with architects and others to resolve these.
- Align technical solutions to customer and business needs.
- Advocate and support Agile ways of working.
- Promote and support best practices.
- Remove impediments and distractions to optimise team performance.
- Support agile team transformation and encourage teams to adopt agile values.
- Hire, train and coach engineers in the team.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and fix technical problems.
- Analyse customer and business needs and design and develop solutions that meet them.
- Create technical goals for the team.
- Coach and enable teams to achieve their goals.
- Manage individual performance.
- Develop and grow team members.
- Encourage a continuous learning environment.
- Manage technical debt and ensure that solutions remain updated and supported.
- Design and develop efficient, testable, and maintainable solutions.
- Ensure solutions meet customer and business needs.
- Support and advocate secure coding practices.
- Advocate and adopt modern architectural solutions where appropriate, such as microservices, event driven architecture, and serverless.
- Support the uptime and availability of solutions in production.
Who you are:
- 7+ years professional experience in a senior software engineering role.
- Have proven experience in designing, building high traffic reliable and performant software in React or Angular and Node.js.
- Have strong experience in software testing from unit tests and UI tests with tools such as Cypress, Selenium and Jest.
- Experienced with frontend tooling, build tools and package managers such as Webpack, Babel, npm, yarn, ESLint, Prettier.
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile principles and processes.
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering principles and practices.
- Commercially minded with the ability to hit the ground running, and to build and maintain constructive working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent adaptive team leadership capabilities including the ability to foster productive team dynamics, engage and enable teams and coach for performance.
- High level of integrity and professional accountability.
- Ability to embrace change in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive in identifying risks and opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple issues at once and strong prioritisation skills.
- Experience in building Serverless applications such as using AWS Lambda.
- Experience in SSR methodologies and frameworks such as Next.js.
- Exposure to AWS services such as EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, and Cloudfront.
- Experience with DevOps tooling & practices valuing a DevOps culture.
- Experience with observability tools, such as logging (Splunk, Kibana) and monitoring (New Relic).
- Experience within travel or other internet-scale environments.
- Strong understanding of the travel or retail industry.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Yana Sanos on +617 3709 4928 or email [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.