* Own the design and implementation of standards, procedures, and methodologies to maximise the effectiveness of the product delivery lifecycle.
* Drive the delivery of quality product by ensuring code peer review, unit testing, and other techniques.
* Perform application release delivery, including administrative monitoring and activity reporting. Work with stakeholders to define priorities, and remove impediments
* In conjunction with your leadership team, provide guidance of, and governance over the selection and utilisation of technology as part of delivering high quality solutions as and when required.
* Ensure your team is ideally placed to provide system support both during an incident, and day to day operational issues.
* Ensure that your team is minimising their support workload by ideally fixing root cause, or proceduralising manual work arounds as a last resort.
* Govern to software development best practice and ensure repeatable and ongoing success.
* Lead, motivate and delegate to developers across the department.
* Influence and operate as a genuine trusted advisor throughout technology (and the broader Group).
* Support an environment where agility and continuous improvement is built into work practices.
* Actively support and champion Technology improvement and innovation agendas.
* Ensure you and your team are doing the right work, at the right time, in the right way.
* Build strong business relationships based on trust and delivery. Maintain and foster relationships with all Lotteries & Keno stakeholders, including those throughout the business unit, across the organisation, and external suppliers and customers
* Encourage and instil in your team a culture of customer first, driven by data and analytics, understanding of goals and where value can be added.
* Provide outstanding customer service and experiences, own and take action on issues effectively and efficiently. Strive to exceed customer expectations.
People and Culture
* Promote and enable an environment of positivity, self-empowerment/improvement and development.
* Mentor, support and work with your team to identify and provide opportunities to extend their capabilities.
* Accredited tertiary qualifications in a relevant field.
* 5+ years' work experience leading a team within a complex application development and support environment.
* Secure knowledge of application development techniques and structured application design.
* Good understanding of the IT&T industry, as well as technology trends and related practices.
* Demonstrated experience in agile ways of working and the ability to drive adoption within a team.
* Proven experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships across business and technology teams.
* Detailed knowledge of gambling and entertainment industries
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Anna Reyes on 03 9005 1741 or email email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.