Initial 6 month contract with an opportunity of extension!
Work as an Azure SQL Database Administrator with an established consulting firm for a leading financial services organisation in Australia.
Work remotely from anywhere in Australia!
- Provide day-to-day, hands-on technical support of SQL systems
- Work as part of a technical support team delivering a quality service to multiple clients using a variety of hardware and software products
- Manage Azure SQL Database
- Collect, transform, manage data sources - including text/JSON/XML files, SQL Database and SQL DW.
- Infrastructure as code: deploy new dev and staging (stg) environments in an automated manner.
- Deploy application changes across different environments in an automated manner:
- Implement Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Use deployment gates for manual approvals.
- Pipeline as Code: ensure the CI/CD pipeline definitions are in source control.
- Carry out integration tests on changes using a sample data set.
- Run pipelines on a scheduled basis.
- Support future agile development, including the addition of data science workloads.
- Support for both row-level and object-level security:
- Adapt security feature is available in Azure SQL Database.
- Ability to use Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services (AAS) and Power BI.
- Support for 10 concurrent dashboard users and 20 concurrent power users.
- Understand data pipeline should carry out data validation and filter out malformed records to a specified store.
- Support monitoring.
- Centralized configuration in a secure storage like Azure Key Vault.
- Take part in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Work out of hours evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays at reasonable request to perform production changes
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Liana Do on 03 8680 4304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.