The Business Analyst will work closely with business and technical stakeholders in defining scope and requirements, identifying business processes and designing functional aspects of solutions in alignment with business needs. Taking on a proactive role in helping shape a project from inception through to completion, the Business Analyst will work closely with architects, developers and testers in ensuring that the delivered solution meets business needs.
- Identify and manage stakeholders, understand stakeholder interests and ensure that impacted stakeholders have a common understanding of new features or changes introduced by the
- Define scope and high-level requirements for input into inception phase activities, e.g. business case
- Gather, analyse and document detailed functional and non-functional requirements, ensuring that these are well understood by all impacted stakeholders and project team
- Gather, analyse and document functional specifications, comprising of use cases, user interface designs and data attributes, where
- Gather, analyse and document features, epics and user stories, within an Agile delivery
- Define, analyse and document current and future state business processes using standards such as BPMN, identifying opportunities for process efficiency/improvements and incorporating these into the functional design of the solution to help achieve business
- Perform requirements traceability of business analysis artefacts, ensuring that this is maintained throughout the project
- Facilitate workshops with business and technical stakeholders and perform walkthroughs with project team members.
- Support architecture, development and testing teams in requirements clarification throughout the project lifecycle and the Project Manager in project tasks and deliverables that relate to business analysis, g. analysis estimates, release planning or iteration planning.
- Keep up to date with BA developments and industry trends and actively shares knowledge with other
- Knowledge and understanding with Office 365 and associated technologies. Experience with data migration, especially google and network drive data migration will be advantageous.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management, requirements gathering and analysis, business process development and use case development
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC and involvement across the entire project lifecycle
- Consultative and open minded, with highly effective communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent workshop facilitation skills
- Experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies, and able to bring 'fresh' ideas to the project team and BA Practice
- Demonstrated ability to take on accountability for complex pieces of work and work autonomously
- Flexible, able to adapt to change quickly and work with some ambiguity, yet still delivering quality
- Demonstrate any prior knowledge or experience with corporate data analysis, streamlining and migration, with tool and techniques that may have used.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Yash Jain on 03 8680 4238 or email email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.