The Specified Personnel will be responsible for providing the following deliverables including but not limited to:
- Liaising with business areas to define business requirements for a change, such that the requirement specification is clear and meaningful to the development and testing teams;
- Formulating and documenting the solution options, detailing the new and changed functionalities to implement the requirements (in line with approved architectural standards);
- Performing impact assessments of the change and liaising with other areas to manage the impact;
- Performing data analysis to support or disprove incorrect understanding or perceptions;
- Providing time estimates for the development of solution options;
- Documenting the detailed analysis and solution design to implement requirements;
- Undertaking code and unit test plan reviews;
- Performing trouble shooting of incidents or problems reported in the production environment (providing 2nd and 3rd level support);
- Analysing and rectifying problems reported by SIT and UAT testing teams;
- Providing support for Application Delivery Managers in preparing release packages and forward work schedules (program of works);
- Providing support during production implementation of large or complex releases;
- Working as part of a technical development and support team;
- Supporting the transfer of knowledge to staff and ensure that systems are properly documented;
- Mentoring junior staff;
- Creating complete and accurate records in accordance with the Recordkeeping Practice Statement and Instruction and Guidelines;
- Be part of a 24x7 support team. Providing out of hours support, including a requirement to be on call, on a rostered basis.
The Specified Personnel will also be responsible for producing the following deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Analysis and solution designs;
- Technical Implementation specifications;
- Deployment plans;
- Database designs;
- Development effort estimates.
Strong knowledge and experience in the following:
- CA GEN -IBM Mainframe - Z/OS, CICS, COBOL, DB2, JCL, REXX; - Using IET GuardIEn for change control; - Gen Mainframe software development (including upgrades); - XML; - Websphere MQ; - Component based development;
- Specialist knowledge and experience as a technical lead in CA Gen application development, in particular using component based methods.
- Baseline preferred or ability to obtain - candidate to complete ESC
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Norman Bersabe on 03 9005 1662 or email and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.