A long-term contract has arisen for an experienced Data Architect to join a leading Queensland Government requirement. In this role, you will play a crucial part in the design and development of key reports that will have a significant impact on the decision making around future product offerings by our client.
- Lead report design and development, working with business teams, data teams, IT teams and external vendors
- Work with the business and other team members to understand requirements and design fit-for-purpose data models and user-focused Power BI visualisations and reports
- Conduct data modelling activities and define high-level data warehouse and ETL design;
Work with source system teams to define data agreements to meet development requirements
- Set standards for data management, ensure compliance with enterprise data governance and management standards, and support the maturity of these standards
- Prepare, maintain and enhance technical documentation
- Support the development and implementation of a plan to transition on-premise systems and processes into Microsoft Azure
- Provide leadership to the development team and serve as a key technical strategic advisor to Branch executives and senior officers to shape work plans, identify risks, consider cost implications and identify sustainable solutions.
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in designing and delivering data warehouse solutions in Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience in data warehouse architecture, data modelling, database and ETL design
- Extensive experience with solutions involving Microsoft Azure resources (e.g. Lake, Synapse), Databricks and Power BI - their individual and combined architectures;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing, implementing and configuring Microsoft Azure resources
- Experience in transitioning existing on-premise systems and processes to Microsoft Azure, including building staff capability in the use of Azure resources;
- Demonstrated strong experience in designing and developing interactive reports in Microsoft Power BI
Quote reference: 200205025
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Anita Cunningham on 07 33395626 or email: email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.