The South Australian Government is focused on providing improved services to the local community to create a more prosperous and liveable state. The COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 has demonstrated that the South Australian community, including businesses and individuals, as well as government agencies, rely upon secure, resilient and innovative ICT, cyber security and digital services.
This SA Government Department is responsible for providing a broad portfolio of ICT, cyber security and digital services to the South Australian community and the South Australian Government. As the thought leader and provider of many across government technology, they are working towards:
- Enabling South Australians to live and thrive in a digital world.
- Embedding a co-design approach in everything we do, to ensure SA Government's services are designed and built around the needs of businesses and the community.
- Providing leadership through strategy, partnership and action to ensure SA Government delivers smart, simple and secure services to businesses and the community.
The Department is looking for a Project Manager responsible for delivery of key software/app projects with an Agile-centric approach:
- Manage scope and schedules and assist with user story creation and backlog management as well as building and maintaining a product delivery roadmap.
- Develop, monitor and track delivery and release; plan and provide progress visibility to stakeholders .
- Manage and deliver projects on time and within scope in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Act as Scrum master and facilitate agile ceremonies - Sprint planning, standups, retros, showcases.
- Develop and maintain delivery cadence, triage sessions, backlog grooming and prioritisation.
- Remove blockers and team impediments.
- Provide progress reporting and contribute to executive reporting.
- Manage change requests and their impact on solution design and delivery.
- Experience as a Scrum Master or working within fast paced digital and Agile environments.
- Has formal project management as well Agile experience.
- JIRA/ Confluence experience preferred.
- Agile certifications desirable.
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation & communication skills.
- Collaborative and able to influence multiple stakeholders to move toward a solution within required timeframes.
- Adaptability or the ability to find a path to success in any situation.
- Ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance.
- Be a servant leader and work towards continuous improvement and team productivity.
The candidate will also need:
- Excellent client-facing and analytical skill.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems.
- Advanced experience in similar type role.
- National Police Clearance (essential).
The candidate will also be:
- Dynamic / high energy to help drive delivery and generate & maintain positive momentum.
- "Hands-on" that requires excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to manage competing priorities across projects and dispersed teams.
- A creative problem solving and has resourcefulness to overcome project challenges
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Jennifer James on 08 7422 0614 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.