- Design, develop and maintain API (Application Programming Interface), worker, and UI microservices for our internal and client facing automation and orchestration platforms.
- Develop and maintain our in-house component driven UI library.
- Develop thoroughly tested code (TDD) following best practices.
- Progress your skills and experience through mentoring, hackathons, spike days and collaboration.
- Help drive the evolution of our automation and orchestration platforms.
- Enhance and progress already existing services.
Technical support and problem solving
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues involving development, staging and production environments.
Company best practices
- Ensure your knowledge of the software development industry is up to date and relevant through, for example, networking, undertaking related research and reading relevant blogs and news sources.
- Contribute to industry events and forums as required.
- Share knowledge, insight, best practice, and ideas with the Engineering Teams and within the organisation more broadly.
Innovation, Research and Development
- Maintain and contribute to innovation and research projects that support the priorities of the Organisation.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging engineering tools, processes, and technologies relevant to innovating and evolving the orchestration platforms.
- Intermediate or senior level software developer
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Ruby
- Strong understanding of OOP
- Experience with Test Driven Development and high code coverage
- Knowledge of JSON, CSV and other data interchange formats
- Experience with containerization, specifically Docker and Docker Swarm
- Experience building microservice and service-orientated architecture applications.
- Experience building APIs (Application Programming Interface) and workers with non-Rails frameworks, such as Grape, bare-bones Rack, Sinatra etc.
- Experience with VMWare vCloud Director and vCenter APIs (Application Programming Interface)
- Experience building components as either Ruby Gems or NodeJS packages.
- Experience developing workers for Sidekiq
- Experience building Docker images
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Gitlab
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must hold or have the ability to obtain .
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with the organisations partners and suppliers.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Norman Bersabe on 03 9005 1662 or email email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.