Due to significant business growth and transformation, our client is undertaking major digital transformation, including key GIS/ spatial systems.
As part of the success of this initiative, they are seeking an experienced GIS Data Engineer to join their team on a long-term contract.
- Engage with various stakeholders throughout the business to understand requirements and determine functional requirements
- Actively develop, maintain and administer evolving back-end solutions that utilize PostgreSQL/PostGIS, GeoServer, Python Services
- Play a key role in the implementation of a new GIS solution, specifically the migration of complex GIS/ Spatial data
- Develop solutions that embrace CI/CD principles that utilize Flyway, Git and Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- Strong ability to interpret data; and provide insightful outcomes resulting in holistic system improvements
- Identify issues with data/schema & provide expert insights for change/improvements/additions to the schema
- Identify patterns and trends in data sets
- Assist in the development of a data schema and data dictionary
Skills for success:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role where you a have worked with large amounts of GIS and Spatial related data
- Experience administering PostgreSQL or similar spatial databases
- The ability to script using Python that relate to GIS data
- Extensive experience with ESRI
This role will suite an experienced GIS professional with a passion for data and system improvement.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Anita Cunningham on 07 33395626 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.