Join a leading federal government department and play a critical role in the development of their Golang and Python applications.
Working as a Full Stack Engineer, you'll play a key role in the entire software development lifecycle. You will collaborate with other frontend developer to build craft robust backend solutions, and manage the build/deployment pipelines, and own the end-to-end solutions. In addition, you will also design and implement software and CI/CD pipelines.
- Thoroughly scope solutions to ensure fitness for purpose.
- Design and implement software and CI/CD pipelines to tackle complex challenges.
- Document all design and development work.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain coding quality and standards.
- Proactively maintain and patch existing software within the agency.
- Ensure software meets security requirements, accessibility standards, and the agency's expectations.
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to fellow engineers.
- Collaborate with various teams to resolve issues and ensure viable solutions.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure effective test coverage.
- Ensure systems deliver value for money and meet their intended purpose.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience using Go (Golang) or Python, to build applications for containerized environments.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Terraform, Vault, Artifactory, and GitLab.
- Proficiency in developing software solutions leveraging cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Helm, serverless - AWS Lambda, IAM, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining large-scale systems designed for heavy user loads.
- Proficient in trunk-based development practices, collaborating on projects with new or established CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in a geographically distributed team environment.
**** Due to federal government security clearance requirements, only candidates with Australian Citizenship are eligible to apply ****
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Anita Cunningham on 07 33395626 or email: [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.