Our Federal Government client is searching for an experienced IBM Mainframe Database DB2 Administrator to join their Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne team. This is a contract role until December 2024 with 2 x 12 months extension options. This role is open for Canberra , Sydney or Melbourne candidates.
- Contract role until December 2024 with 2 x 12 months extensions.
- Can be Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne based
- Australian citizens with an NV1 Security Clearance
- This is a hybrid working model (mixture of WFH and in office).
To be considered for this role you must:
- At least 10 years recent experience as a Senior Mainframe Database Administrator in a large Government Department or Public Organisation. Extensive experience in DB2 on the Mainframe and LUW platforms. Extensive experience in a recognised DB2 Mainframe toolset.
- Able to provide expertise in physical database design, structural changes, development of disaster recovery monitoring and all aspects of DBA housekeeping.
- Ability to communicate complex database issues with management and senior technical staff via written reports or verbal presentation.
- Experience in preparation of database documentation for use by technical staff including task cards etc.
- Ability to provide mentoring and skills transfer to less experienced staff.
- Ability to estimate work requirements and deliver on agreed project deadlines
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Irina Alrogi on +61 (0)2 6151 9203 or email: [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.