IT Application Developer - Full Stack (JP4791)

Posted 24 July 2022
LocationBrisbane CBD
Job type Contract
DisciplineIT General

Job description

Are you a Systems Analyst with experience working on data related projects, ideally using Teradata or Hadoop? If the answer is yes, this large Government agency is looking for you…

You will join a team of highly skilled resources working on the transformation of legacy applications to a modernized Data Analytics platform. This is a 12 month contract with 2x 12 month extension options. You will be working from the Brisbane CBD office 60% (3 days per week) and can work from home the other 40% (2 days per week).

Your role will include the following responsibilities:

  • Translate feature documentation, architectural and solution designs into technical design artifacts that create reusable patterns to be applied within the data and analytics applications
  • Design solution artifacts or cloud-native and tools and products within the data and analytics eco-system
  • Conduct cost analysis, design considerations, staff impact amelioration, and implementation timelines
  • Provide advice and analysis support using IT cloud services and products
  • Initiate negotiations with stakeholders
  • Develop system or process improvements and formulate recommendations for solutions
  • Ensure that design artefacts comply with the Agency corporate project management and governance, data and security policies, the Agency design, systems development and maintenance methodologies
  • Provide quality assurance peer reviews to ensure that designs meet standards and business or architectural solutions
  • Participate in agile ceremonies and provide input into a breakdown of stories within features and identify tasks
  • Assist in planning, prioritisation and readiness of features for commitment prior to delivery
  • Provide business knowledge transfer sessions, design presentations, or team demonstrations for stakeholders
  • Ensure work management processes are maintained with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
  • Participate in tech bridges for issue/bug resolution as required
  • Work with enabling teams external to the program to design system integration for data and analytics solutions
  • Responsible for owning and managing workloads and completing tasks on time

You should have the following skills and experience:

  • Must be an Australian Citizen for Security Clearance purposes
  • Strong experience as a Systems Analyst or Technical Business Analyst working on data related projects
  • Experience working on projects using AWS cloud-native services
  • Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
  • Experience hosting workshops and interviews
  • Strong communication and documentation skills
  • Ideally you will have experience with Teradata Data Warehouse and/or Cloudera Hadoop (not essential)
  • Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) would be beneficial (not essential)

To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Bles Luzon on +61 (0)3 9063 1102 or email and quote the above job reference number.

Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.