Our Federal Government Client5 is seeking a Junior Cloud Desktop Engineer to join their team. This is a 12-month contract with the ability to etxend for another 12 months.
The client requires the Junior Cloud Desktop Engineer to become pivotal in the design, development and implementation of the Agency's End User Computing platforms and services projects. You will work collaboratively with ICT Operations and the Agency more broadly driving technological advances. This includes designing, developing, implementing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising all new and existing End User Computing services.
As a Cloud Desktop Engineer, you will take ownership of tasks, as well as assisting and upskilling the broader team leveraging your extensive knowledge. You must be comfortable working collaboratively with both technical and non-technical people and have the right attitude towards adopting new technologies and expanding your professional knowledge.
- 12 month contract with the ability to extend for another 12 months.
- Canberra or Sydney located
- Hybrid working arrangements ( 2 days WFH and 3 days in the Canberra or Sydney office).
- Australian citizen with an NV1 Clearance or ability to obtain,
To be sucessful in this role you will be responsible for:
- Designing & building End User Compute solutions built out of cloud infrastructure.
- Be a subject matter expert on Windows platforms (Windows 10 & 11), Microsoft Intune Admin centre, Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365 technology.
- Ensuring the End User Compute platforms are well maintained, optimised, secure and stable.
- Supporting to various teams as necessary during design, development, and delivery of platforms & data analytics related solutions to ensure supportable, scalable, robust solutions are delivered.
- Providing Level 3 support, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting across a wide variety of technologies.
- Delivering and supporting Microsoft 365 services on end user devices virtual or physical.
- Continual improvement of customer environments and toolsets.
- Escalation & advanced troubleshooting across key technologies.
- Fostering a positive culture within the team that is aligned with Agency values.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Proven experience, in a technical role relating to cloud platforms including delivery of new services and ongoing maintenance, with project design and deployment experience - including producing key design documentation.
- Experience in Intune, Microsoft 365 services and Microsoft Azure.
- Recent experience in and knowledge of contemporary ICT management and governance, frameworks and methodologies.
- Understanding of the ACSC Information Security Manual (ISM) and Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
- Demonstrated high level conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to difficult and complex problems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Experience in PowerShell, Microsoft Graph API
- Experience in application packaging
- Ability to define successful new product requirements and implementation strategies.
- Certifications in Microsoft 365 services and technology.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Irina Alrogi on +61 (0)2 6151 9203 or email: [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.