The purpose of the position is to lead the development and implementation of best practice procurement management systems, strategies, and procedures in accordance with whole of Government procurement reform that meet business needs, deliver economy and efficiency and ensure consistency. This role is a six month full time fixed term position.
- Qld Government experience and strong knowledge of the State Procurement Policy?
- ICT Procurement lifecycle experience?
- Strong interpersonal skills?
If you can answer yes to the above, then read on!
Paxus Talent Solutions are partnering with eHealth Queensland to support in sourcing potential candidates for a Manager Procurement and Contracts (ICT). The successful candidate will experience being part of major advancement across the Queensland Health landscape.
eHealth Queensland is one of the largest tech-health organisations in Queensland. We enable the delivery of health services by providing integrated digital strategy, solutions, and services across Queensland's public health system.
Benefits of working with eHealth Queensland:
By joining eHealth Queensland, you will work within a fast-paced, challenging, and supportive environment where every employee plays a critical role in our ongoing success.
You will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
The purpose of the position is to lead the development and implementation of best practice procurement management systems, strategies and procedures in accordance with whole of Government procurement reform that meet business needs, deliver economy and efficiency and ensure consistency.
Importantly, you will provide high level advice to clients on procurement related matters and train branch staff on State and department procurement policies and practices, internal branch processes and templates used to deliver ICT procurement services to clients.
An essential part of this role involves developing and reviewing procurement systems, strategies and processes ensuring these are in accordance with the requirements of the Queensland Procurement Policy and departmental policies. You will also contribute to a high level of professional practice by maintaining knowledge of contemporary procurement strategies and practices and an awareness of Government priorities and initiatives.
Other key tasks will include:
- Provide ICT procurement and contract management services to the division and its customers, including the development of QITC contracts.
- Supporting the strategic direction of Queensland Health and relevant individual strategic initiatives commensurate with current Queensland Health demand for services and end users' requirements.
- Managing and reviewing performance of current sourcing strategies, including Whole of government procurement strategies and initiatives that may impact on Queensland Health, and preparing operational plans, key performance measures and reporting requirements for the ICT Procurement unit.
- Exercise a procurement delegation, overseeing sourcing processes including the development of documentation detailing Queensland Health's requirements, management of risk, development of invitation documentation, engagement with the marketplace, evaluation of offers and negotiation of contracts.
- Review the performance of suppliers (including supplier categorisation) and associated contracts to ensure the terms and conditions of those contracts are being adhered to.
- Manage the review and renewal process for all ICT contracts across the eHealth Queensland to ensure contracts remain relevant to the business of the Department.
- Implement continuous improvement agendas, including mentoring and development of procurement, contract management and purchasing staff within eHQ providing advice and on the job training and build and sustain relationships with a network of key stakeholders across Queensland Health and the Queensland Government.
- Ensure the maintenance of a detailed documentary record of procurement processes, decisions and contractual arrangements undertaken ensuring the audit trail is adequately maintained and documented for probity, accountability and audit purposes.
- Research and prepare submissions, reports, briefing materials and correspondence and provide expert analysis and advice to agency senior management and key stakeholders on matters relating to the procurement and contract management function
Are you right for this role?
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- your knowledge of contemporary procurement strategies, policies, and practices
- your proven ability to deliver high quality ICT procurement outcomes whilst managing conflicting priorities and tight timeframes.
- knowledge of program governance and proven experience working through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Your proven record of achieving successful and effective outcomes aligned with organisational objectives within a large, complex, and distributed service delivery organisation.
The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver with an innovative and influential approach to developing strategies to resolve complex ICT procurement issues. Your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills will enable you to negotiate, consult and influence outcomes whilst having the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. Importantly, you will have the ability to advise and influence clients and senior management on complex ICT procurement issues.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, submit your resume and a one-page cover letter online today.
Applications will remain current for a period of up to 12 months and may be considered for other vacancies which may include an alternative employment basis (temporary; full time or part time).