A Renowned public research university based in Macquarie park is looking for a Oracle/SQL Database administrator to join their amazing team.
This role sits within the IT Program delivery team working with Project managers and technical leads to drive project delivery outcomes.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting and working with the Project and Operations teams on various DB specific activities including the discovery, planning, build and migration of database technologies (Oracle, SQL, RDS).
Tasks & accountabilities:
- Provide enterprise-wide, DBA support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database creation, and database production support
- Create and maintaining all database server documentation to agreed standards
- Responsible for database configuration and performance tuning
- Installation and maintenance of monitoring tools to provide operational database reports and updating of database monitoring maintenance.
- Installation, configuration, customization, maintenance and performance tuning of databases
- Responsible for database capacity planning
- Undertakes database backup and recovery as well as documenting and testing of backup and recovery procedures
- Deploy new databases into University database environment
- Updating and maintaining all operational scripts and committing all work to University configuration management environment
- Experience and in-depth knowledge on AWS cloud services, example RDS, S3, and etc
- Work experience using Terraform to provision AWS resources.
Essential for the role:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Oracle and SQL database technologies
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as DBA in an enterprise environment
- Experience working on multiple IT projects end to end with large scale and multiple DBs including operational handover
- Previous experience with cloud transformations initiatives
- Experience dealing with wide range of university stakeholders
If you would like to find out more, click "Apply" now or please contact Smitha Wali on 0468496706.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Smitha Wali on 02 9464 5849 or email email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.