The organisation: They are an ASX-listed, hi-tech company, challenging the limits of technology and science across industries.
They've created and are manufacturing a simple, scalable, and repeatable product that uses a new technology to offer a more stable, yet smaller product than ever before.
Their people are at the centre of the organisation culture. You will join a high performing and dedicated team who have a desire to succeed, collaborate and share knowledge to contribute to the organisation combined success.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be responsible for mechanical engineering deliverables for our products, including working with our production and service teams on product and process development, detail design of components and assemblies using a range of fabrication processes, such as injection mouldings, carbon fibre composites, sheet metal and CNC machining. Along with design activity, the mechanical engineer will need to conduct detailed analysis, calculations and deliver the necessary product documentation for regulatory submission. A key part of this role is in managing development/supply partners to ensure that we deliver safe, compliant, and high-quality outcomes.
The role is Adelaide based. We are willing to support relocation if required.
An attractive remuneration package based on skills and experience is on offer to the successful candidate. We also offer flexible working hours, laptop and mobile phone.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Delivery of mechanical engineering, including engineering analysis, design and development of mechanical systems, integration of electronic systems, design for manufacture, serviceability, functional performance and safety compliance.
* Contributing to the development process and supporting best practice tools implementation.
* Planning and leading the delivery of mechanical systems solutions as part of the project team.
* Relationship management and technical program guidance to external design partners and suppliers.
* Generation of design documents for regulatory submissions.
* Input to development program project schedules and budgets.
* Ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed.
* Adherence and improvements to the system.
* Liaising with customers, manufacturing and other stakeholders to drive customer centric solutions.
* Configuration management of design outputs, change management process adherence.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum 10 years' technical experience in complex electromechanical system mechanical engineering in a commercial environment.
* Engineering degree in a mechanical discipline. Ideal candidates will have Honours degrees.
* High capability in problem solving, planning and delivery of solutions.
* Prior success in commercialising high-tech devices.
* Complete understanding of business pressures and motivations, including a strong ability to adjust to tight and moving project deadlines.
* Exceptional people skills: our team, customers and suppliers are most important to us.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Bles Luzon on +61 (0)3 9063 1102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.