The purpose of this role is to enable continuation of the key activities and deliverables within the procurement team for Delivery Services Branch initiatives, to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects. The initiatives within the Delivery Services Branch and specifically, the Cyber Security Program are responsible for the improvement of gateway service to provide a secure trusted digital environment. This program is designed to reduce organizational risk of service disruption and improve the effectiveness of internal defence controls.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with QPS values as outlined above.
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high-quality, safe services, and workplaces.
- You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Oversee and deliver high quality ICT procurement advice and services covering
- Procurement planning activities
- Sourcing documentation development, release and evaluation processes
- Draft, negotiate and execute Government Information Technology Contracting conditions for the supply of ICT goods and services
- Provision of high-level advice to clients in a relevant, timely and accurate manner on matters relating to the procurement function.
- Advise, guide and mentor branch staff on State and department procurement policies and practices, internal branch processes and templates use to deliver ICT procurement services to clients.
- Maintain a detailed documentary record of ICT procurement processes, decisions and contractual arrangements undertaken ensuring the audit trail is adequately maintained and documented for probity, accountability and audit purposes.
- Ensure that the procurement processes undertaken have been in accordance with the departmental policies and procedures and the Queensland Procurement Policy.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of procurement systems, strategies, policies and processes consistent with the requirements of the Queensland Procurement Policy and procurement best practice.
- Research and prepare submissions, reports briefing materials and correspondence and provide expert analysis and advice to senior management on matters relating to the procurement function.
- Development and delivery of ICT procurement training to department staff.
- Contribute to a high level of professional practice ion the directorate by maintaining a sound knowledge of contemporary procurement strategies, policies and practices and an awareness of Government priorities and initiatives that have implications for the procurement function.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of the branch forward procurement plans, key performance measures and reporting requirements.
- Represent the department in dealings with other agencies and whole of Government forums relating to the procurement function.
- Contribute to the achievement of an equitable, ethical and safe working environment for staff, which has an emphasis on commitment, skills development, professional growth and continuous improvement directed towards the achievement of the branch goals and objectives.
- Other tasks as directed.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Yana Sanos on +617 3709 4928 or email [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.