As Project Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the technical readiness of the DAS system. This includes:
- Act as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for technical matters regarding the Program's engineering and technical matters;
- Orchestrate any required engineering and technical liaison between CTEO, the DAS program, the DAS supplier(s) and others parts of Airservices and suppliers associated with the program;
- Manage the Program's conduct of engineering review gates, including arranging 3rd party participation as required;
- Manage engagement of the orgamnisation and other SMEs to support the Program related design, development, test, installation and verification activities;
- Act as the Airservices technical representative during Program related testing and Airservices Acceptance of test outcomes;
- Oversee the Program's site installation, set-to-work, test and verification activities;
- Manage the technology change process, ensuring effective configuration management and change control is put in place;
- Identify, mange and track risks associated to the program of work;
- Act as a trusted technology advisor. Provide technical leadership and guidance as required, including safety and security guidance; and
- Perform systems engineering and project tasks throughout acquisition and implementation phases in accordance with Airservices safety and system management policies, frameworks, guidelines and procedures; and
- Other activities as required.
- A degree in Engineering or Information Technology from an Australian tertiary institution or certified equivalent qualification (for overseas qualifications)
- A sound understanding of and demonstrated experience applying Systems Engineering practices throughout the SDLC and system management processes.
- Extensive experience in the design, development, testing and implementation of robust and reliable software systems. This includes the over-arching aspects of quality assurance and configuration management.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder and vendor management
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and work as a senior member of a dynamic team, including ability to work under limited direction to achieve positive outcomes
- Strong documentation skills with experience in preparing and reviewing solution architecture documents and system design documents, including alignment to strategies and existing initiatives
- Experience in designing, maintaining and supporting air traffic management systems, in particular:
- N-tier architectures and distributed systems ;
- Real-time systems;
- Message handling; and
- Internet technologies.
- Satisfy the eligibility requirements for registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with Engineers Austral
- Understanding of Information Security Manual (ISM) and demonstrated experience in adhering to ISM principles and applying ISM controls
- Understanding of DO-278A guidelines, software assurance levels and relevant processes and artefacts
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Norman Bersabe on 03 9005 1662 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.