About the role
The Senior Business Analyst will work within a collaborative multidisciplinary team working with project managers, change managers, solution architects, developers and testers across multiple projects within the Courts and Tribunals Digitisation Program. The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with stakeholders to define and document requirements in forms such as in the form or Epics, Features, Benefits and User Stories, and guide the work of test analysts and developers meeting the needs of product owners and product managers with a focus on case management solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to flex your business analysis skills in a program that offers:
- a collaborative team that is motivated, upbeat, encourages openness, is quick to help each other out, values individuals' strengths and experience and enjoys working together
- an opportunity to collaborate with and learn from a team of professionals with diverse skills and experience
- real flexibility and hybrid working options
- scope to deliver highly anticipated change with active support from internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Lead the development and analysis of process diagrams and requirements specifications (ranging from business, functional, non-functional, user, and implementation requirements) in accordance with Business Process Management Notation (BPMN).
- Provide strategic and operational advice regarding program/project direction for analysis activities specifically related to software requirements, requirements elicitation, data modelling and use case development
- Contribute to the delivery of registry business process reviews by effectively participating in planning sessions, team meetings and lead facilitation of stakeholder workshops.
- Collaborate with program and project managers to develop project plans and approaches
- Facilitate workshops and consult with subject matter experts to elicit business and functional requirements
- Elicit and document process models, detailing current state processes and developing and proposing future state processes
- Assist subject matter experts to develop user stories
- Collaborate with the change management team to analyse, identify and document change impacts and mitigations
- Collaborate with developers and testers to lead the development of user acceptance testing design and test cases
- Lead user acceptance testing activity and documenting the results of user acceptance testing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills at an advanced level (including the ability to establish relationships, facilitate workshops, consult and influence both business and technical people).
- Identify project delivery issues and risks, assist with mitigation strategies, and escalate where necessary.
Mandatory Qualifications, Conditions and Requirements
The following would be highly regarded:
- understanding of legal processes within a courts and tribunal framework
- advanced knowledge of BPMN process modelling and associated software and drawing tools e.g., MS Visio
- a minimum of five years experience in business analyst roles focusing on software development is preferred.
- experience with the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Emma Metzger on +617 3339 5618 or email [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.