Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to provide business analysis services to the Program. The position will be required to work closely with a range of stakeholders across multiple agencies to facilitate business process analysis, requirements gathering and analyst support through the solution design and implementation activities. This includes, establishing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient data collection and analysis with an emphasis on business process improvement. In addition, the role will provide expertise, advice and lead the facilitation of workshops and forums to enable the development and analysis of process diagrams to support the achievement of project outcomes. To do all this effectively, the resource will think and act strategically, and add value to process planning across the board.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Business Analyst role include:
- Leading the capture and development of business requirements as well as solution requirements in the form of User Stories with Acceptance Criteria
- Collaborating with staff and contractors in the context of a large government Agile program to produce clear, unambiguous and testable requirements
- Development and analysis of process diagrams in accordance with Business Process Management Notation (BPMN)
- Providing business process analysis support to projects through Business Impact Assessments
- Provide expert business analyst advice and input to the development of project artefacts including but not limited to functional requirements, statement of work, test scenarios and benefits management collateral
- Represent the department and manage consultations with a diverse set of stakeholders, including but not limited to other state Government departments, other levels of government and the non-government sector
- Contribute to the delivery of projects by effectively participating in project planning sessions, team meetings and lead facilitation of stakeholder workshops
- Undertake market research and early market engagement activities, identifying strengths, opportunities and innovation in the market, to inform solution options and potential procurement strategies
- Facilitate and manage prototyping activities where required
- Demonstrated ability in business requirements capture and analysis, process modelling through to requirements testing within a government environment
- Demonstrated ability in delivery of solutions through Agile iteration/sprint cycles
- Ability to gather and investigate information from a variety of sources, explore new ideas and different viewpoints
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills. Approach negotiations with a strong grasp of the key issues. Understands the desired objectives and associated strengths and weaknesses. Anticipates the position of the other party, frames arguments accordingly and strives to achieve an outcome that delivers benefits for both parties
- High level interpersonal skills as demonstrated by successful outcomes in the areas of presentation, consultation, negotiation and change management including the ability to prepare, coordinate and present timely and accurate advice
- Demonstrate experience in and exposure to project management activities including project management methodologies and practices, preferably applying the PRINCE2 and Agile project management methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of BPMN software and drawing tools e.g. MS Visio
- Experience with business reform/transformation and enabling change projects/programs.
- See projects through to completion, monitoring project progress and adjusting plans as required
- Commit to achieving quality outcomes and ensures documentation procedures are maintained and stakeholders' expectations are met.
- Work collaboratively and operate as an effective leader and team member involving people, encouraging them and recognising their contribution
- Consults and shares information and ensures others are kept informed of issues
- Take personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work. Demonstrate initiative and proactively steps in and does what is required. Commits energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Experience using tools such as Azure DevOps or JIRA for requirements management and software development lifecycle
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Develop well-articulated options papers, process models and recommendations reports pertaining to solution options, solution delivery and procurement strategies
- Develop project reports, artefacts and documentation as required by the project/program management leadership team. These could include high level business requirements, detailed requirements specifications and benefit map and profiles.
Job Reference Number: 264551
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Yana Sanos on +617 3709 4928 or email [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.