As a Senior Modeller within our Risk Analytics and Insights team, you will play a crucial role in predictive analysis, modelling, and model performance for our Client Group portfolios. This position focuses on stress testing, time series modelling, and segmentation.
- Develop and maintain statistical models to uphold best practice risk management, including credit models (Probability of Default and Loss Given Default).
- Ensure the high-quality maintenance of core credit models for compliance with legislation, regulatory requirements, governance frameworks, and policies.
- Design, maintain, enhance, and document stress testing models.
- Collaborate proactively with managers to ensure coordinated project execution, adherence to business-as-usual activities, governance framework, and compliance obligations.
- Review and remediate stress testing models and engage with Model Risk for validation.
- Provide a smooth handover of the model build process to the Stress Testing modelling team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure models meet requirements and provide support to end users.
- Advanced programming skills in SAS, Python, or R.
- Proficiency in Excel with VBA, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 5 or more years of experience within a modelling team (e.g., Stress Testing, IRB, or IFRS9).
- Experience in data manipulation, data cleansing, modelling, statistical analyses, and reporting.
- Tertiary qualifications in Maths, Statistics, Quantitative, Business, or a relevant field.
- Sound statistical knowledge.
Key Relationships and Interactions:
- Interaction with Senior Management, Managers, Analysts, and Product Risk Managers in the Business Unit.
- Active involvement in team meetings and providing updates to team members.
- Collaboration with Data & Systems Team during data preparation and implementation phases of model development activities.
- Contact with the Stress Testing Team in Australia and New Zealand for credit risk stress testing models.
- Addressing the model validation team's questions on model development submissions.
Key Performance Measures:
- Transparency, simplicity, and consistency of the modelling suite.
- Timeliness of model developments.
- Stakeholder feedback.
- Quality of team engagement.
If you are a highly skilled Senior Modeller with a passion for risk analytics and a commitment to excellence, we encourage you to apply and join our dynamic team. Your expertise will play a crucial role in maintaining and improving our risk management strategies.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact James Bertollo on 02 9464 5750 or email j[email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.