As the Cyber Defence and Incident Response Consultant you will have solid/complete knowledge of live Security incident management and handling including leading, teaming, analysis and remediation, comprehensive understanding of security improvement planning, and an ability to make in depth recommendations regarding same.
The role/experience needed:
- The ability to provide a highly skilled Computer Security Incident Response capability working with the organisation's teams that is able to react on a 24/7 basis to effectively manage security incidents.
- The ability to effectively identify, recover and analyse seats of relevant information and evidence.
- To be able to assess security posture of diverse technical environments and make recommendations to address gaps or make improvements.
- Identify new opportunities to improve security across the enterprise.
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer environments, network threats and exploits.
- The ability to carry out sensitive e-Disclosure and Computer Forensic enquiries.
- Comprehend contracts from a Security perspective, translate and articulate into lay persons terms the meaning of any responsibilities and obligations. Comprehend confidential and legal privilege to support Legal in their efforts to maintain these principles.
- Work alongside multiple teams, maintain motivation, identify and address skill gaps and support the team to deliver the best service possible.
- Establish and maintain relationships with National Authorities and Computer Emergency Response Teams.
- Establish and maintain relationships for Cyber Threat intelligence.
- Work across Cyber Defense teams, Security Incident Response Control Centre (SIRCC), Cyber Threat Intelligence, Red Team (Penetrating testing), Blue Team (Threat Hunting) and Security Tools.
- Adhere to, comprehend Security policies, evangelize and identify areas for improvement.
- Work alongside the Cyber Defense Remediation team, Account teams and clients to assess Security Maturity and provide Tactical and Strategic guidance aligned with organisation's Security Cyber Reference Architecture and offerings.
The skills you will bring
- BSc or higher in Computer Forensics or relevant digital investigation/security incident response qualification
- Solid technical experience within cyber security
- Has attained and hold, or is willing and able to obtain national security clearance
- Experience as a technical team lead with demonstrable experience managing priorities. Ideally managing and training members in different time zones
- Experienced of in-depth knowledge of threat hunting, incident handling and investigation
- Designing and participating in Tabletop Exercises with customers
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of a given incident response scenario
- Prepare reports and prepare and deliver presentations for both expert and senior audiences
- Guide, influence and provide thought leadership within incident response services
- Competent handling evidence and able to meet formal standards for handling evidence
- Well-presented professional client facing demeanour
- Network security knowledge emanating from experience in pen testing, network security, data analysis and malware analysis
- Log analysis and incident remediation
- Live forensics experience
- Ability to use and advise on complex toolsets (e.g. Network traffic analysis technology) and produce effective analytical results from same
- Understanding of relevant security, compliance and data protection requirements
- IR: Diverse knowledge e.g., O/S environments e.g., Windows, Mac, *Nix, Scripting skills, command line experience, Database skills and knowledge
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to present complex scenarios and outcomes at CIO/CISO or senior level business or government audience
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Gizaille Shaheen on 03 86804305 or email: [email protected] and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.