The Infrastructure and Technical Specialist is accountable to the IT Services Team Leader for contributing to the availability of ICT infrastructure and applications for the client.
- Managing datacentre installations of hardware, operating system software and server applications
- Undertaking the complex configuration of supported hardware and peripheral devices including installing software, firmware upgrades and new releases, as required
- Managing and coordinating a range of specialist second and third level advice and support, to ensure the effective and best practice management of the Server and Desktop Environment, including networked devices
- Providing specialist and complex advice and support to business units, management and support teams on technical issues
- Identifying options and risks associated with new technologies to support current and new direction
- Liaising with external service providers to maximise the use of supported equipment
- Current technical knowledge of Government, industry and professional best practice
- Experience in Windows and Linux server environments and in the installation and configuration of software packages
- Experience in local area networks, firewalls and other active network devices
- Experience in VMware ESX installation and management
- Troubleshooting issues at various levels, server, network, applications, etc
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Tiana Turpin on 08 7422 0615 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.