We are working alongside a well-funded fintech start-up to help onboard a Full Stack Developer to take over the ownership of the existing application. This has been developed offshore to date and is almost complete and ready for go-live.
In the immediate instance, you'll be tasked with familiarising yourself with everything there to know about the application through working closely with the part-time CTO; a handover period with the external off-shore Development team and thorough documentation.
Day to day:
- Ownership and responsibility of the application.
- Maintaining existing applications by delivering new features and addressing bug fixes.
- Supporting the part time IT Business Operations Manager in further evolving, implementing, and supporting the software product.
- Ensuring that the software adheres to the relevant service level agreements.
- Reacting to support tickets in a responsible manner and within the required timeframes.
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress.
The tech stack:
- Strapi + Node.js
- Mongo DB
- 3-4 + years' experience in a similar commercial role
- If you know both, fantastic. If you only know one or the other, that's ok too as long as you are prepared to learn the other on the job. In the immediate instance, the role will be 70% Front-end (React.js) and 30% Back-end (Node.js)
- Experience with REST API Platforms
- Understanding of unit and integration testing
- Understanding of code design principles and design patterns
Highly valued technical skills:
- MongoDB or similar
- Jira and Github
- Docker for containerisation
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Strong desire to learn, grow and improve technical ability.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking ability and passion for high quality code.
- Initiative, self-drive and capacity to operate autonomously.
- Inter-personal skills
Employment type, location, and perks:
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Brisbane CBD. The office is conveniently located right next to all the shops, restaurants, supermarkets, and public transport. The way we work and the perks we offer are designed to help you live a fulfilling life.
- A flexible working environment including 1-2 work from home days per week.
- It will be expected that for the first couple of weeks, you are at the office full-time for the initial onboarding and knowledge transfer.
- Access to a premium learning platform for upskilling at your own pace.
- Employee equity scheme - It is the employer's intention to establish an employee equity scheme. This will likely be available to those employees who remain in employment within the group for a minimum of 2 years.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Jordan Ricketts on 07 33395608 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.