Are you a Software Engineer with excellent PHP development skills coupled with a strong desire to learn? If the answer is yes, this large ASX50 listed organisation is looking for you...
This is a full-stack role, however those with a stronger back-end skill set should still apply. You will work as part of a small focused team consisting of a Product Owner, 3 Developers (including this role), 2x QA Engineers and a Business Analyst.
Working on charitable software platform, you will design, develop, test and document high quality and cost-effective solutions using agile ways of working and CI/CD practices. Through their collective efforts, this IT team along with the business users, have raised more than $3 million for more than 480 causes across Australia.
This is a Brisbane CBD based role, with flexible working arrangements including Work From Home. The team has a social day in the office every Tuesday and the expectation moving forward is that you will be in the office roughly 50% of the time (2 day / 3 day per week rotation).
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Ensure repeatable success through use of agreed methodologies, including Agile project management, development and test practices
- Participate in the design, development, testing and support of effective and high-quality solutions
- Provide on call 24/7 technical support as per team support schedule
- Adhere to and support configuration and environment management processes
- Design, build and constantly improve the path to production making heavy use of automation and orchestration tools and technologies
- Design and execute automated performance tests to ensure that the application and supporting infrastructure are capable of scaling to meet periods of peak usage
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Solid experience as a Software Engineer working primarily in PHP in a large commercial environment
- Demonstrated experience working in AWS environment (ECS, S3, EBS, RDS)
- Broad understanding of technology like networking, databases, be proficient in Linux
- Experience with Unit Testing and Integration Testing including all aspects of product lifecycle & process development, delivery and support
- Additional skills should include some of the following (and where there are gaps a willingness to learn):
Job ID: 255958
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact James Perry on 07 3339 5611 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.