New contract opportunity available for an experienced Solution Lead. This is a contract until end of December 2022 initially with potential of extension and will be based in Bundall, Gold Coast + WFH flexibility.
The Solution Lead position is located within the Project Services team and is responsible for development and implementation of the organisation's ICT Infrastructure, business applications and solutions to ensure that they effectively and efficiently underpin core business processes and comply with internal and external requirements.
As the Solution Lead you will:
- Consult with vendors and technical specialists to support the design, development and handover to managed service providers of ICT infrastructure, business applications and solutions.
- Use business requirements to carry out a high level analysis and design of all components required to provide a IC&T solution.
- proactively and operationally deliver innovative IC&T solution consultancy services that support the clients business and IC&T needs
- provide technical leadership in project activities and provide technical support to project managers
- liaison with all areas of Information Services, with particular emphasis on:
- Solution support and transition to production and the effective performance of all applications and ICT infrastructure.
- Alignment with the ICT Portfolio and compliance of designed solutions with the organisation's enterprise architecture.
- Identify project implementation approaches, developing project artefacts associated with build, test, change, and support and handover activities.
Responsibilities and duties to be undertaken by the role include, but are not limited to:
- Research, investigate, interpret and analyse complex business requirements to specify, design and implement supportable, effective and efficient ICT solutions
- Provide solution direction in relation to ICT initiatives to program and project resources to assist in the development of strategic and project plans
- In compliance with ITIL processes, manage and track incidents, problems and changes in the Service Management tool
- Liaise with vendors and other ICT personnel for problem resolution requirements
- Provide reporting to the Coordinator Project Services and governance groups regarding the progress and status of project initiatives within the ICT Portfolio
- Provide input to the development of the organisation's ICT Solution Design Methodology
- Assist and provide input to the solutions domain of enterprise architecture and provide recommendations regarding the continuous improvement of the technology layer of enterprise architecture
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably tertiary qualified in Business, Information Technology, Information Computing or similar discipline
- Experience working as a technical solution analyst or similar role in an ICT PMO environment,
- Strong understanding of ICT project management, solution design principles and ITIL methodologies
- Experience working in a project delivery team on complex infrastructure and software related ICT solutions
- Depending on the scope of engagement, proven technical capabilities in a selection of all of the following:
- Solution Development Lifecycle best practice frameworks
- Broad knowledge of IC&T across the complete end to end solution, including ICT Infrastructure (Mobile solutions, Desktop Computing, Server and storage (Windows, Unix and Mainframe), Messaging, Data and Voice Networks, ICT Security), Business Applications, Integration, Data Management and reporting.
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Project management PMBOK / Prince2
- Qld Government ICT Planning Methodology
- Testing Methodology
- HP Quality Centre
- Knowledge of SAP Business Suite
Job number 256917
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ianthe Price on 07 33395628 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.