The System Administrator is responsible for complex activities and tasks relating to design, development, integration, configuration, hardening, and documentation of Cyber Security Systems.
The System Administrator will conduct these activities whilst working cohesively and flexibly with related stakeholders
- Design, install and maintain all server hardware and software systems.
- Conduct Linux systems administration including Operating System installation, configuration, integration, hardening, software and patch management and documentation of Cyber Security Capability.
- System patching including Red Hat Ansible, Red Hat Satellite automation, configuration management and deployment tools
- Design, develop and maintain all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitor system capacity and usage
- Identify and analyse system performance issues, and work in close coordination with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Identify any configuration discrepancies in the system, assess security risks, and implement solutions by adhering to security standards.
- Knowledge and experience in Authentication and Authorisation technologies (experience with Red Hat IPA is preferred).
- Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- Experience in one of the following preferred technologies:
- Software defined storage technologies (i.e. CEPH).
- Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS, e.g. Red Hat OpenStack, AWS);
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS, e.g. Red Hat Open Shift);
- Containers (e.g. Docker) technologies;
- Elastic Search (ES).
- Must have NV1 - undertake OSA clearance which can take upto 3 -5 months
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Norman Bersabe on 03 9005 1662 or email email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.