About the Role
The role is a member of a small team providing specialist ICT support for monitoring services, monitoring of the Earth's magnetic field, and the operation of the real time sensor networks that provide data to these services. Most of these activities operate round the clock, and have staff on duty 24/7.
The team is responsible for:
- architecture, implementation, deployment and operation of systems - either on-premises or in the cloud (AWS) and the security, reliability and availability of these systems
- ongoing modernisation of systems - including the migration of on-premises systems to cloud
- development of additional capabilities for these systems - including converting scientific research into operational systems
- 24/7 on-call systems support for the sensor networks systems
About the Candidate
The successful applicant must be willing to participate in shared restriction duty/afterhours support arrangements in order to provide rapid response ICT support (restriction and overtime allowances paid when on call).
Must have Experience
- 2 - 5 years experience in System Administration
- Linux administrator knowledge or experience, with the ability to debug and code Shell Scripting/Bash
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure implementation (AWS)
- Exposure to Python programming language
- Degree in Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent industry experience
Australian Citizenship is mandatory for this position. The Role is based on-site in Canberra, ACT.
To be considered for the role click the 'apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Norman Bersabe on +613 9087 4193 or email email@example.com and quote the above job reference number.
Paxus values diversity and welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process please contact me on the above contact details.